Model Cars Magazine Forum

'56 Pontiac Star Chief 4 door hardtop

realgone58

This is an X-EL reissue promo that I scored. It's Olympic Blue and Sun Beige factory colors. All I did was take it apart, clean it, buff it, and start dumping loads of BMF on it! A little blackwash, and it was done. Oh, and it had blackwalls, so I used Vinylnation wide white walls for AMT Firestones on the factory Jo-Han tires, and they were a perfect fit! Sure beats painting the whites, and looks much better. These promos had no interior, and everything on the body is molded in place, including the tail lights. Yes, numerous swear words were used while working on this one!

IMG_3157-001.JPG

IMG_3158-001.JPG

IMG_3160-001.JPG

IMG_3161-001.JPG

That's a great looking model Alan. FYI, the 'AMT '55 and/or '57 Chevy interiors fit pretty well into these '55 & '56 Pontiac Promos. Of course you have to modify the dashboards a bit. Like Mark I also love doing up these Johan promos. There is a LOT less work involved to finish up these curbsides.... quick and easy.

I love these things too. Rich, I remember your post of your build of one of these, and I thought about PM'ing you about which interior to use. I knew you would know! When I get an extra tub, this one just may get an interior. Nothing to it to pop 'em back apart.

That's a great looking model Alan. FYI, the 'AMT '55 and/or '57 Chevy interiors fit pretty well into these '55 & '56 Pontiac Promos. Of course you have to modify the dashboards a bit. Like Mark I also love doing up these Johan promos. There is a LOT less work involved to finish up these curbsides.... quick and easy.

I second Richards comments about the promos-----

You can actually finish something!!!!

Regards

Bill (Duntov)