Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 impala-camino..phatom...update..

1 bad55 stan

Well a light bulb went off 1 night and i thought ...hmmm.what about cutting the roof off a coupe!Here is what i came up with..Since i built this i have seen better ways to do this convertion,but this is how it ended up.I hope you like it.comments are welcome.

dnku.jpg

86ni.jpg

y2fr.jpg

hhw6.jpg

2ijx.jpg

gzui.jpg

n549.jpg

zmp4.jpg

iep0.jpg I wish .....

Edited by 1 bad55 stan

• 3 months later...

Very nice Stan. This I like. A lot. Only one minor criticism. It looks great other than the ridge running across the roof where I assume you spliced the roof together. It's so minor I hate to mention it. And I would not change it now. Other than that, it's prefect. And I too would like to know more about the color. You mentioned Tamiya. Might it be Tamiya's Light Blue Metallic? Which turns out more medium, than light blue. A color I like a lot. And have used on several models. Again, a great job on a very cool concept Stan. I like it!

Scott Aho

Very nice Stan. This I like. A lot. Only one minor criticism. It looks great other than the ridge running across the roof where I assume you spliced the roof together. It's so minor I hate to mention it. And I would not change it now. Other than that, it's prefect. And I too would like to know more about the color. You mentioned Tamiya. Might it be Tamiya's Light Blue Metallic? Which turns out more medium, than light blue. A color I like a lot. And have used on several models. Again, a great job on a very cool concept Stan. I like it!

Scott Aho

Hi Scott,I used a 64 impala roof section.the ridge is part of the 64 roof,i joined the two together just behind the "A" pillar.I don't think its light blue i think its a darker blue metallic.And thanks for your comments...