Model Cars Magazine Forum

...And yet I can't look away.

Are the taillights installed with one upside-down?

-MJS

I think it's an optical illusion due to the two different angles you are seeing the taillights in the picture.

IMO, 50'-60's-70's sheet metal does not work on late model bodies, the styline between the two just don't mesh. I do think using some new sheet metal such as a roofline can work on older bodies.

This is another one that makes me want to say, "Why?"

:lol:

There aren't enough flames in the world to help that thing!!! :lol:

Sure there is Harry but they nedd to be the real ones nothing a couple of gallons of gas wouldn't fix.

This is why you get an artist to do sketchs before you start the work so you can see the final product. As said the work looks top notch its the final product that is dismal. Also throwing flames on doesn't help flames just doesn't work on everything.

I have to admit I can admire the workmanship, but the end result is a disaster.

You can't just slap together parts from several different cars and expect them to work together in a unified, cohesive way.

That thing is just absolutely atrociously ugly. And as if it wasn't already ugly enough, those hideous green/gold flames add even more ugly to the mix.

Yeah.

The Econoline with the '57 Caddy bumper is no great prize, either.

Charlie Larkin

When I see a post like this it's sometimes difficult to gauge just how awful a creation the car actually is. Therefore, it becomes necessary to bring out the preferred USDA Standard for horrendous kruise night kustoms... the "UGLY '57!" so that we may ask, "Is it worse than this?....

Ugly57-vi.jpg

With the "UGLY '57," at a firm 10 on the horrendousness scale, careful analysis reveals that the Dodge Chrysler Cadillac Lincoln Magnum Wagon is quite close at a 9.27798! Very Impressive!

All this and stock rims. :rolleyes: Seriously though, wander which set of taillights actually work? I'd get really confused following that thing and looking for a turn signal. :blink:

Not only that, but it looks like it might be an AWD model, which sits an inch higher than the RWD car does.