Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Buick Invicta

StevenGuthmiller

Here's an original AMT 1960 Buick Invicta. One of the very first AMT kits to be offered with an engine. I had a ton of fun building this kit but it also offered it's challenges. Some things didn't fit together real well! :) I'm usually not a big fan of silver cars, but with the white top & red & white interior, I thought it was a real "stand out" color combo for this car. Painted in correct MCW "Silver Mist".

Steve

2v23E11ZMxwUbWP.jpg2v23E11PuxwUbWP.jpg2v23E11DdxwUbWP.jpg2v23E11J3xwUbWP.jpg2v23E11h8xwUbWP.jpg

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Beautiful build Steve! It's nice to see the early kits being built and not shoved onto a shelf. I love your choice of colors. Not sure if the exterior / interior combo was available back in 1960, but looking at this one....it should have been. Great car! BTW, are the wheels stock to the kit?

Thanks every body!! I appreciate all of the great comments! Actually Mark, my inspiration for this build was a 1:1 convertble I saw online painted in this color with a red & white interior. If it wasn't for that picture, I probably would not have gone with the silver. Yes, the hubcaps are rechromed originals from the annual.

Steve