Model Cars Magazine Forum

The V28

Jantrix

Finished this up today.

A Monogram 1/24 '79 Camaro. Features a 1/25 Viper V10. Wheels and tires from the Mustang Mach III concept. Lowered the stance a bit for the pro-touring look. Paint is Krylon Silver and Italian Olive. As always, comments, criticisms, and suggestions are kindly welcome.

2014-06-21%2017.57.40_zpsqrbvjkpb.jpg

2014-06-21%2017.56.56_zpsqs8mgg5x.jpg

2014-06-21%2017.57.55_zpsa0yrnn9g.jpg

2014-06-21%2017.58.08_zpsltuxptun.jpg

2014-06-21%2017.59.50_zps64sueajy.jpg

2014-06-21%2017.57.05_zpscre9bomn.jpg

Very sharp looking car , I really like how smooth the satin paint looks and the details are great !

I agree with Harry about the canopy look of the tops , and the pilots name on the door is cool !

Very nice work .

I kinda like the pseudo-military look you have going. Love how the top panels look like an airplane canopy. Do they come off? Looks like they might...

Thanks Harry. I was all set to leave the ill fitting t-tops off until I had this idea. I did glue them down with a lil Elmers though. They are so light they slide right off from the slightest movement of the model.

That is way cool! That Viper engine fits in there nice. Like the color scheme and the "Flying Tiger" license plate. If you wanna race, I've got one in Navy colors, and Agent G has one for the Air Corps.

Sounds like it would be a cool race. I'd like to see 'em. Feel free to post them up in this thread.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. The only downside right now is, I am fresh out of covered display room. No more cases. or room to put a case. :(

If you wanna race, I've got one in Navy colors, and Agent G has one for the Air Corps.

Sounds like it would be a cool race. I'd like to see 'em. Feel free to post them up in this thread.

Rob, you've seen my "69 Corsair", so I won't junk up your thread with my photo. Agent G has a Mustang painted like a P 51 Mustang. It is really cool. Again, great work on this one!

I think I finally get it - it's supposed to resemble an airplane. Right? Pretty cool build.

You got it right on the nose Jim. It's inspired by the F-Bomb Camaro, but I took the bomber theme a little further. Thanks very much.

f_bomb.jpg