Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus Cheetah is finished !

cobraman

• Wrapped this one up a bit ago. Very nice kit and I would like to do another. Only problem I had was with the windows but other than that it fit together fine. It is painted Tamiya silver leaf. The stripe decal is from the parts box. My only other than stock changes were to use a tire and wheel from the parts box to upgrade what the kit offered as a spare. I also added a roll bar and masking tape seat belts. I had lettered the tires with Goodyear decals but they just did not look good so I turned the tires around. I feel that it turned out pretty good but as always could have been better. All comments pro or con are welcome.
  • finalcheetah001_zps3248b42e.jpg
  • finalcheetah002_zps87e37835.jpg
  • finalcheetah003_zps44ec2a67.jpg
  • finalcheetah004_zps25cfc109.jpg
  • finalcheetah005_zps4c405a03.jpg

That looks really good Ray. It sometimes seems that the windows in Modelhaus kits can be troublesome, first of all to cut the vacu-formed glass to the exact size, and also getting the dashboards/interiors to fit properly once the glass is in.

Thank you very much fellows. As to the glass.. It wasn't completely flat. It had a twist to it that got worse when I trimmed it to size. I just tried gluing one end and then holding down and gluing the other end. Not so bad that I wouldn't like to do another.