Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

I was in Puerto Rico this week and there is no shortage of money on the island! I did a fair amount of travel so I saw interesting vehicles on the highways. I noticed a good number of very clean Japanese cars from the 1970s and 1980s on the roads, as well as really bad looking versions of the same. There was no rust, but sun fade and peeling clear coat seemed to be the main issues on cars. The sun is brutal!

There were also Ferraris, Lotuses, new Corvettes and exotics parked at our hotel and restaurants in San Juan. A red SSR spent Friday evening out in the hotel front circle near the entrance.

Had a Ferrari in my garage tonight! :D Well...before I put it downstairs. :rolleyes: But seriously, for you Ford guys I saw a 60 something Falcon(?) Convertible. And for the Chevy guys, over the last couple of days a Chevy regular cab short-box mild custom that is dropped pretty low. Sounded pretty nice with the Flowmaster's too.

post-9116-0-71045300-1414381576_thumb.jp

Went up to Willcox yesterday and saw this:

10-27-201451PU_zps9099396a.jpg

A well done '51. The Guy put a Volarie engine in it and changed the rear end so it's Freeway Driveable. Then while lookin' at Birds got buzzed by this Guywho was out "Playing over Willcox Playa:

10-27-2014C-130flyby_zps0c7819a3.jpg

Then on Kansas Settlement Road I spotted the Ultimate "This Old House" fixer upper:

10-27-2014FixerUpper_zps61ff41c4.jpg

I keep seeing Teslas.

I saw that neighborhood Tesla again today. But today was the first time I've seen it up close, and on a sunny day. It was right next to me at the light. Turns out it's not black at all, but a very dark, dark midnight blue. Beautiful car.