Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Oh, an OMGMGBGTBYMG!

It's been a while since I last saw one of those Mopar wagons. They all seem to have disappeared by now.

This is a mod you saw often on those Chryslers here:

https://www.theblingking.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Chrysler-300-chrome-bentley-mesh-grille.jpg

Not sure whether it ever fooled someone.

Yes you can buy a  faux  Bentley grill here too.  I like the Chrysler 300 and was looking for one last year.  I was hoping to find a clean low mile one, but they have held their value all too well.  Couldn't find the mix of right car and right price, so I bought the wife the 2006 LaCrosse instead.  

A funny thing. The guy who sits next to me at work has a black Dodge Magnum RT.  He likes the car but has a bit of body damage and said he was going to get it fixed and painted.  He mentioned that he really didn't like the nose on it all that much so I showed him the photo of the Chrysler 300 wagon above.  That got his wheels churning.... let's see if he does it!

just back from a week in Cartagena y Habana, heres some stuff I saw before I left. got some good shots from abroad will post later after I unpack

transporters:

emVTx5.jpg

9qI1KZ.jpg

a relative:

lXL1Eg.jpg

BoomBoomDONKBoomBoom...

0vWa9o.jpg

something old with a serious rake:

sqf62W.jpg

some rods by the bridge one morning:

VAnCP6.jpg

best of them being this:

kihlfk.jpg

NLBzCT.jpg

bad tuner, body kit by crash:

q66qkN.jpg

and here is a Holden Monaro disguised as a Pontiac GTO, slightly modified:

3NQiRs.jpg

adios!

jb

Edited by jbwelda

26 Morgan Plus 8's heading North on US219 outside Lewisburg WV.

I was driving South so no pics.......and I poked around the net to see  it there was a meet in the area....thinking Snowshoe ski resort as car and bike clubs often meet there.

No news of a meet anywhere....so not sure what it was. I'd like to see them stopped....one had the WILD air dam and wheel flares. Cool cars....looked like fun too! 

who'd thought a matador could actually look good....

Watch that!!!!  As the 2nd owner of a 74 Matador coupe I think they look good....even my stock 34K miles one!!

DSCN2048.thumb.JPG.cd19a9b7f63b137097bf6

Where did you see thus one????? I have seen it in show coverage for years.  My 74 coupe will be heading to the shop soon for some work....though not that radical!!

I live on a cross street intersection on the south east corner. The owner of this car, which I believe is a 72, lives on the north east corner. The owner of the 68 Caddie in my original post lives on the northwest corner, and of coarse, my garage houses my 1966 full size Mercury  S55 convertible. 2 doors down to the south of me is a 1968 fully restored, in immaculate condition, 1968 GMC pickup, It was in the garage today so no picks as well was the 1938 Olds 2 door sedan that was under the car cover.    

and here is a Holden Monaro disguised as a Pontiac GTO, slightly modified:

3NQiRs.jpg

adios!

jb

In Australia it is a Monaro, in the USA, it was a GTO, but this has the "Coupe 4 " flares on it, which down here is an All wheel drive version. VERY rare, and VERY expensive now.

Edited by DeeCee