Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Saw one of these in the Chicago Suburb of St. Charles in front of the Arcada Theater on my way home from work tonight, kinda surprised to see it here, normally I would see these running around Branson, MO where George Harrison's sister backs a Beatles tribute show.

Oddly, the one I saw had Illinois plates, and at least at one time, Harrison's Sister was living here in Illinois, so I wonder if she was in town and that was her's.

Finally had my cell phone at the ready! I saw this on my way home from work just a couple blocks from my house. ;) It's parked in front of a Doctor's office. I'm not sure if the Doc owns it or what as I've seen this parked there all the time on the drive home.

Chopped VW

Definitely a chop job on the roof, and looks like a fabric sunroof was put in. This looks to be a later model VW-------weren't sliding fabric sunroofs discontinued around 1966 or so?

Definitely a chop job on the roof, and looks like a fabric sunroof was put in. This looks to be a later model VW-------weren't sliding fabric sunroofs discontinued around 1966 or so?

It has the painted bumpers with directionals in them... South American / Mexican VW?   There were a lot of them smuggled in with older US titles.

Or were the bumpers and soft top kit readily available aftermarket?