Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

8 hours ago, John M. said:

I got to watch the 1963 comedy classic "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" and in it's entirety last night on a site out of the UK called BitChute. It's similar to our YouTube. 

My Favorite Movie of all time! I was born the year it came out!

• Like 1

Just finished the recent billing cycle on the '66 Chevelle...23 pages of text, over 150 supporting photos, all wending their merry way through the ether.

Time to get back to work full time on the DeLorean project for a couple of weeks.  B)

EDIT: And I think I'll go to the sto and check out the chocolate bunny situation...

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 3

My first day on the new job went well. Very Busy, but Well.

And I got the Bus Ride to work situation sorted, and and got my day's off for my VA Doctors appointments approved.

(Always a hassle when you start a new job, and have a handful of VA visits already scheduled)

Going to be work involved learning the details, but learning new things keeps you young. Right?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TonyK said:

The Tropicana is closing today after 67 years. What pleases me is that I once saw a show there many years ago so the memory can live on for me.

Which reminds me...March 15 is Las Vegas Showgirl Museum Day. Never forget it.  B)

EDIT: Oops. Missed it. My old paper calendar didn't give me a voice reminder.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TonyK said:

The Tropicana is closing today after 67 years. What pleases me is that I once saw a show there many years ago so the memory can live on for me.

I remember staying there for a weekend around 20 years ago when I saw The Rolling Stones at the MGM Grand.  Was a neat old hotel.

Today's pleasure comes by way of thoughts. Since I'm unfortunately not wearing the hat of a caregiver now I can afford the time to go visit and possibly participate in some nearby model car shows. First up NNL East! Sadly I haven't been to this spectacular event since 2003 😞 and then the NNL Mid-Atlantic and finally the Super September Showdown. Just the thought of "being able" to salivate while viewing all the talent laid out on the tables instead of looking at someone else's photos is overwhelming.. I feel like a kid after hearing I'm going to the theme park 😊

• Like 3

2 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

Today's pleasure comes by way of thoughts. Since I'm unfortunately not wearing the hat of a caregiver now I can afford the time to go visit and possibly participate in some nearby model car shows. First up NNL East! Sadly I haven't been to this spectacular event since 2003 😞 and then the NNL Mid-Atlantic and finally the Super September Showdown. Just the thought of "being able" to salivate while viewing all the talent laid out on the tables instead of looking at someone else's photos is overwhelming.. I feel like a kid after hearing I'm going to the theme park 😊

dont forget the ice cream on the way home

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/2/2024 at 7:13 AM, stavanzer said:

And I got the Bus Ride to work situation sorted.

Spoke too soon about the Bus.

It has a 20/25 minute window when It arrives. 17:10 or 17:25, when ever it gets the driver assures me, "I'm not late, I'm right on time"

Grrr. Took 2 hours to get home yesterday, 1.5 hours today. Not fun.

• Sad 1

Chionodoxa forbesii  Glory of the Snow

More than 15 years ago these little purple flowers started to appear in our lawn. They are perennials and are always a pleasure to see in the spring; this year with our mild winter they are appearing even earlier than usual and what pleased me more was to see a honey bee working it's way around the flowers that have already appeared. 

Spring is here.

cheers, Graham 

Glory_in_snow_with_bee_20240407.jpg

• Like 3

Went out and sat in the dangerous and terrifying cancer-causing evil sunshine at noon to get some natural vitamin D, and because tanned wrinkly old men are nowhere near as gross as pasty-white wrinkly old men.

I honestly feel better both physically and emotionally when I'm getting regular moderate UV exposure, and my research indicates it's probably NOT a figment of my imagination. Besides your skin making a form of vitamin D that the body can use more easily than supplements, sun exposure raises your serotonin levels too.

Ain't nature grand?  :D

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-clinic-minute-how-change-in-sunlight-can-affect-your-mood/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beautiful sunny day today, took scenic drives in my Jeep, Mustang and Cadillac.. found a really good Vietnamese restaurant nearby for lunch.    Spent a lot of time in the sun in the backyard w/ the dogs. worked a bit in the garage tidying up and working to make room for two cars (still have a lot of boxes from moving last year).    Then spent a while this afternoon in the hot tub..sky is beautiful today.  May watch the eclipse from the hot tub, supposed to have totality here around 3:15 est tomorrow.

IMG_2909.jpg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Went out and sat in the dangerous and terrifying cancer-causing evil sunshine at noon to get some natural vitamin D, and because tanned wrinkly old men are nowhere near as gross as pasty-white wrinkly old men.

I honestly feel better both physically and emotionally when I'm getting regular moderate UV exposure, and my research indicates it's probably NOT a figment of my imagination. Besides your skin making a form of vitamin D that the body can use more easily than supplements, sun exposure raises your serotonin levels too.

Ain't nature grand?  :D

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-clinic-minute-how-change-in-sunlight-can-affect-your-mood/

Bill, it's very true that the amount of sunlight you get affects how you feel! In the Pacific northwest, they have dreary, rainy weather all the time...... What they do to try to combat the lack of sun is to sell small UV producing lamps! Artificial Sunlight..............

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JollySipper said:

Bill, it's very true that the amount of sunlight you get affects how you feel! In the Pacific northwest, they have dreary, rainy weather all the time...... What they do to try to combat the lack of sun is to sell small UV producing lamps! Artificial Sunlight..............

Ohio is pretty gloomy and gray in the winter also, though though February this year was sunnier than normal.   It took some effort to adjust to it again when I moved back in 2017 after 20 years living in very sunny places (Colorado and Arizona). 

16 hours ago, JollySipper said:

Thanks, and yes, I'm aware of that.

The thing that struck me yesterday was how immediate the effect was.

I've been somewhat sedentary most of the winter. Standing and moving while working doesn't really count as "exercise".

Consequently, I've been having more of the kind of joint and back pain I get when I'm not active enough for a while.

After 45 minutes sitting in in the sun in just shorts, the pain was very noticeably reduced, still was last night, and is so far today.

• Like 1