Model Cars Magazine Forum

Robin Williams dead!

Harry P.

News Release:

Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that it was a suicide, they did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

Williams, who won an Oscar for his supporting role in Good Will Hunting, will reprise his role as Theodore Roosevelt in the third installment of Night at the Museum this December. He had recently signed on to reprise his beloved role as Mrs. Doubtfire in a sequel to be directed by Chris Columbus and was last seen opposite Annette Bening in the indie film The Face of Love.

According to a press release issued by the Marin County Coronor’s office, the Sheriff’s office suspects the death to be “suicide due to asphyxia.” The 9-1-1 phone call came in just before noon today.

Veteran film and television comedic actor Robin Williams was found dead on Monday. He was 63.

The cause of death is believed to be suicide via asphyxiation, according to the coroner’s office in Tiburon, Calif. He was found in his home.

According to his publicist, who confirmed the news, the actor had been battling depression of late and recently entered 12-step rehab stint for drug abuse.

His wife Susan Schneider said in a statement, “I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin’s family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin’s death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”

Edited by martinfan5

What a loss. One of my all time favorite films was his second, The World According to Garp. Funny how so many people wish for fame and fortune as a path to happiness. But this shows that sometimes even with the world as your oyster, it counts for nothing. Thanks RW for leaving us with a vast body of entertainment we can enjoy for years to come. I don't think his death will overshadow his accomplishments.

OMG!!!! I just heard about this and it makes me so very sad.I thought he was a great actor and comedian.

I agree with Harry in that he must have had many demons and just could not handle it.

I only hope he has now found the peace he could not have in life. :( :( :(

I heard this on my drive home this evening, loved the movie World according to Garp. He was a BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH good actor as well as comedian, as seen in the movies Good Morning Viet Nam, 1Hour Photo, and Insomnia.

I'll miss his rapid fire comic stylings as well. RIP Robin.

:( :( :(

Patch Adams, thats gotta be my favorite of his, good morning vietnam, bicentennial man, dead poets society, jack, man of the year, mork and mindy, a long list of great shows and movies. He will be missed for sure but live forever in our hearts and TV.

Edited by Petetrucker07