Model Cars Magazine Forum

And they pumped it for you. And they gave you free stuff like Green Stamps or knife sets or dishes.

One year, when I was just a lad, my mom saved every green stamp she could get her hands on, and purchased my entire Christmas from the Green Stamp toy catalog.

Most people might think that was a bad thing...but it was a wonderful Christmas. You could get some cool stuff back then.

Still do in New Jersey... $3.19 this afternoon. :)

I've been taping things off MeTV. Some of it's cool and some of it, I cannot believe we sat through!

I enjoy the older cars in the background of the 70's shows. There was a Pantera on the expressway on Chips today. Two scouts sitting on the street in Adam 12 today also.

Every season, Perry Mason always drove the latest Ford, and Paul Drake had a white T-bird. Nice to see those cars on the screen... B)

As a Perry Mason Nut,

Perry Drove the following as a personal Car:

'57, '58, 59 Ford Skyliner 59 Lincoln Continental if Ford was the primary sponsor for the week

'57 Buick Roadmaster Convertible, '58, '59 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible if GM was the primary sponsor for the week

'60, '61, 62 Ford Sunliner, '63, 64, 65, 66 Lincoln Continental if Ford was the primary sponsor for the week.

'65 Cadillac DeVille Convertible if GM was the primary sponsor for the week

Paul Drake Drove a '57 Corvette, '58 through '65 Thunderbird Convertibles, a '64 and a '65 Corvette Roadster..

There was one episode filmed in color (1965). Perry's Lincoln Continental was Silver Blue, and Paul's T-bird was Dark Blue. It was about a car theft ring, and Perry's Lincoln was stripped clean. A Red Mustang Convertible was a prominent car in the episode. Ford was the primary sponsor for that week.

The '62 Sunliner was shown on a lot of the episodes after '62, as they used a "stock" photo shot of Perry going into the courthouse. I have a model built of the '60, and '62 Ford Sunliner like the car he drove on the show.

Edited by Ron Hamilton

The one great blooper I liked from Adam 12 is the store owner and the customer arguing over a spoiled cantaloupe on the street corner and in the dialog the store owner gives a price for the cantaloupe higher than the price posted in the store window in the backround

Great old cars in all the old Jack Webb shows, We need Joe Friday's fairlane.

greg

They're also running Batman, which oddly features an early '60s gray-green Humber Super Snipe in many of the backlot street scenes - it gets on screen almost as much as the Batmobile.

vlcsnap-2013-06-09-14h02m01s253.jpg

i602841.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-05-25-15h16m10s2.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-06-18-22h51m14s154.jpg

Sadly the problem with MeTV (and now IFC for us Batfans) is that the shows are all sped up in places to jam in more commercials; you especially notice when the music soundtracks are constantly changing in pitch, and some of the words sound clipped off. At least when the DVDs come out in November that won't matter.

Edited by ChrisBcritter