Model Cars Magazine Forum

Good looking build buddy! Plenty of detail here. There's a 1:350 scale Akagi (and a 1:250 Akagi but that's just nuts at $1200 bones) that looks really appealing to me right now but I havent built a ship since I was 13 or so (let's see .....that was 33 years ago.....). Anyways this looks great Joe!

The Akagi is a good looking model. I would like to get that too. The photo etched sets for it are outstanding. Only thing is to get the model, wood deck, and all the photo etched it's around $500 from Hasegawa in 1/350. there is a new Gallery USS Intrepid for $220 that has great photo etched included. That's one of the great things about Gallery they included everything. You don't have to spend a bunch of extra money for detail kits.

• 4 months later...

Kilrathy10 thanks for your service.

Nacho I have about 20 hours in it. Still need to finish up the land vehicles that came with it. I also have 1/350 tamiya enterprise, 1/350 special edition. h.m.s. warspite from academy. That's was a very nice kit includes wood deck brass pieces for barrels and masts. And photoetched

Pieces. And a low price definitely recommend. And here is link to yamoto. Had the tamiya Missouri also but it fell from about 6 ft so it went to trash.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93416&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

• 2 months later...