Model Cars Magazine Forum

Parts Inventory

I use the tiny ziploc style bags used by jewellers with a note describing what the part is and the kit it's from. From there it's into metal Twinnings tea containers labeled "Intake Systems", "Ignition Systems", etc. Only problem is I'm a coffee drinker, so there's a lot of loose tea around the house!

Cheers Misha

I have several boxes and bins. And not organized in no way shape or form. I *just* went thru my tires and put them all in a bin, and then I did the same thing for wheels. So most of them are organized. I've yet to do anything else for any other parts I have. Would take a week to organize it all.... I dont look forward to it.

How do you keep track of all the extra parts that we accumulate?

Mike

You mean I have to keep track of all this stuff ,, I am so doomed.

When I do, I like the plastic bin drawers for smaller parts . The ones with maybe 12 to 45 clear drawers in them .

For partial / or semi complete kits I use the larger standup drawer sets. The ones with 3 or so drawers in the them where you can get 3 or 4 kits in one drawer .

Or I'll use one model kit box with multiple like partial kits in it.

Edited by gtx6970

You mean I have to keep track of all this stuff ,, I am so doomed

so, so true Bill, the real truth is if you just take the parts and place them "here and there" around your modeling area, you will be OK, the minute you start "organizing" and putting things in that certain place, you won't be able to find anything!!

so, so true Bill, the real truth is if you just take the parts and place them "here and there" around your modeling area, you will be OK, the minute you start "organizing" and putting things in that certain place, you won't be able to find anything!!

So true, when I try organize anything.I cant find squat

I'll find it,,,,,,, when I go looking for something else

• 3 weeks later...