Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Get Today? (Not Model Related)

LOBBS

3 hours ago, stinkybritches said:

The package should be here on the 13th, tomorrow as I type this. I already have 1,000s of BBs left over from my youth but I do need to get CO2 cartridges. I'm hoping to be able to shoot it this weekend, I just need my son to take a nap so I can get outside. Looking forward to it. 

I haven't shot my CZ yet either--TLMS hasn't gone to work so far this week. And I haven't even been able to get the Thompson out of the box and look at it! 

I'm using only the Umarex BBs in my Umarex guns. Several of the reviews I read suggested that they work best in function, and very well as regards accuracy. You might see if you can find those locally if whatever you have on hand doesn't function well for you. 

These are the only air guns I have left . I bought the Desert Eagle look alike to try and get used to the grip size . I had bought a real one in .50 AE and it was just too big for my hand to shoot comfortably . That plus it cost at that time about a buck every time I pulled the trigger . Sold it about a year or so ago . 

98ECAE18-9652-4CEE-873B-857CD8B9762C.jpeg

5337CD81-65FB-424A-B563-FC38EF2F4CE8.jpeg

I could tell just by looking at it that I'd never get my hand around a Desert Eagle. I'd have bought an Auto Mag back in the '70s, but I got to handle one and my hand didn't come close to fitting that one, either. Even the S&W 645 is too big for me. I can just barely handle Smith N frames and the Colt Python. I'm fine with 1911s, Browning P35s, Walther P38s, Smith K frames, Colt D frames, and so forth. B)

"A man's got to know his limitations." --H. Callahan. ;)

SB, I finally got to shoot the CZ this morning. It shot pretty much to point of aim, and it made the "rathole" I've come to expect from this kind of gun. The super-light trigger took some getting used to, but I'll admit it's very easy to shoot. And it DOES shoot DA if you want to, but the DA trigger pull is awful. Got three full 17-round mags out of one cartridge, plus 9 more shots, for the 60 that I've also become used to. 

Function was perfect, except the slide didn't lock back after the last shot in the mag any of the 4 times, so count your shots as you go. 

Almost forgot to mention: It actually give me a minor but authentic case of "hammer bite." I'll be taking a file or stone to those sharp edges on the hammer real soon. 

Edited by Snake45

I got a new 13 inch macbook pro. it was on sale at amazon, 150 dollars off, so i went to bestbuy and they price matched it. I was able to get it instore with no wait.

My old computer broke 2 weeks after thr warranty and I was not paying to fix it

Edited by MrMiles

Got one of these. The cassette deck plays pretty good, and has a pretty good sound for a tiny radio. Hard to tell from this pic but it's just slightly over a foot long.

BUT, it'll also play from a thumb drive or a memory card  ,,and it has Bluetooth so it's quite handy. Only complaint is it's mono only ,, not stereo. 

SYLVANIA SRC232BT-BLACK Bluetooth Retro Cassette Boombox with FM Radio  (Black) : Amazon.ca: Electronics

Edited by Can-Con
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got my latest airgun yesterday, the Umarex Legends P.08 (Luger). Shot it for the first time this morning. 

A bit disappointing. Two reviews I read said this gun had a nice trigger pull (3 and 4 pounds), but mine seems to be more like 7 pounds. Pretty crisp/clean, though. The sights aren't as good as my other airguns, but they are historically accurate/correct (pointed front post, V-notch rear). It shoots about 1.5" to the left at basement range--I went back and saw in one of the reviews, his shot to the left almost exactly the same amount. And it only got 53 shots on a CO2 cartridge, vs the 60 that my other three CO2 airguns get. 

On the plus side, they got the shape and weight exactly right, and the blowback action worked perfectly--it functioned every time. Hey, where you gonna buy a shootable Luger for $150 these days? ;)

In short, I like it, but don't love it. It won't be in heavy shooting rotation, but I'll shoot it whenever I get in the mood to shoot a Luger. (Hey, you never know when these moods will hit you.) :lol:

Here's what it looks like: 

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/legends-blowback-p08-co2-pistol-full-metal?m=3485#6728

• 2 weeks later...

I helped a friend put a roof on his camp a couple weeks ago. Yesterday I helped finish up the porch roof & clean up. He knows I wont take any money from him so he tossed this bottle in the tool box of my truck. I told him he had to come over to help drink it some weekend. Having a drink with a good friend is more important to me than a few dollars.

SUNP0004.JPG

• Like 1

Got two new airguns this week. Umarex/Ruger MARK IV breakbarrel (single-shot) .177, and Umarex/Smith & Wesson Model 29 CO2/BB. 

The Ruger would be a fun gun and a great value if it had a better trigger. The trigger pull is just horrendous. 

The big S&W also needs a better trigger, but it's not as bad as the Ruger.  I'm not a fan of the super-long barrel, either, but that's the only way they make it for now. Got 78 shots out of one CO2 cartridge. It's pretty fun to shoot, maybe not quite as fun as the semiauto blowback ones, but still pretty fun and cool.  

ARugerMKIVTarget03.jpg.3c29e499ac87a3edbe347fbe8d2b8b68.jpg

AM29Targets03.jpg.e05a53e204e0a0f29b662d5052f173fe.jpg

Ah... feel lucky punk ?  The Ruger copy looks pretty good. I have a real one in S.S. and bull barrel and that air gun looks like a real one except of coarse they had to do something different with the barrel. I don't suppose the Ruger can be taken apart to do some trigger work ? The Smith looks very good.

• 1 month later...

A pair of mild-steel 20-degree 2.25"-primary slip-joint merge collectors with a straight 3" exit, for the '66 SS 572 Chevelle project.

The headers that were built by the last guy were a mess...wouldn't clear the steering, oil filter, starter, or engine mounts.

When I started building new ones, it became apparent I'd have to slip-joint the collectors to get them in the car.

Estimated the time it'd take and figured I'd come out ahead to buy collectors fabbed to my specs, and just build the primaries myself. Nice thing about these is that they'll serve as jigs to fit the primaries to, too.

Stainless Works 4-Way Merge Collector 2-3/8" x 4-1/2" | eBay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...