Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 chevy pickup - little different

• 3 weeks later...

Please post some pictures of the completed engine before you install it.That level of creative detail will serve as inspiration for a lot of builders.

How did you make those collectors on the end of your exhaust pipes?I am building a 1920 Olds track roadster hot rod that I would like to make a collector"can" for 4 pipes.

Great photos,Very clear and nice depth of field.

Please post some pictures of the completed engine before you install it.That level of creative detail will serve as inspiration for a lot of builders.

How did you make those collectors on the end of your exhaust pipes?I am building a 1920 Olds track roadster hot rod that I would like to make a collector"can" for 4 pipes.

Great photos,Very clear and nice depth of field.

Heat shrink. I can't take credit though, I'm sure I saw that somewhere

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not much, took a break from it to work on a couple other builds.. I do not want to rush this one

Please take your time with this Andy, it's just too cool to rush! For someone with no experience with a lathe, you're making it look too easy man, that's some awesome work! This one's just my opinion, I'd polish up the rings you made for the rims and dull-cote the centers, they've got a good color already, remove the shine and add some polished-up rings and they should look great!

• 2 weeks later...