Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell AG 2015 Releases!

Paul H

As well as a few re-releases (e.g. BMW Z1, Ferrari F50, Audi R8) and some Revell USA reboxes, Revell AG have announced that they are releasing the following this year:

BMW i8

07008_006.jpg

Porsche 918 Spyder

07026_007.jpg

Porsche 918 Spyder "Weissach Sport Version"

07027_008.jpg

and another VW Samba bus...

07009_011.jpg

this time in 1:16 scale (!!!), presumably to go with their 1:16 early Beetle and Karmann Ghia kits,

Click here for the full list.

Good to see them doing the 918, I figured rog or Tamiya would do it eventually. The i 8 will be interesting to see, at least they aren't doing the hideous i 3. I'd have rather seen a current 911 and current BMW M models, though. I can understand their choices, though..kits of supercars always sell well...

Edited by Rob Hall

Nothing of interest to me from this lot, shame I thought they would do another classic 60s/70s car new tool.

Same for me, nothing there for me to spend my money on from Revell this year, but I do have my Renault 4 GTL on pre order from Heller and I no doubt be buying a case load of Citroen DS19's from Ebbro, looks like I won't be buying too many models this year ........

But we do have the German toy fair coming up at the end of the month, so there might be something of interest announced at the show ......

Nothing of interest to me from this lot, shame I thought they would do another classic 60s/70s car new tool.

Ditto - it would have been nice. However, they have done pretty well over the last few years, especially with some different variations. It will be interesting to see what Revell AG's next classic car kit(s) will be though, given their recent subject matter. In terms of further variants of their recent new tooling though, perhaps there will be a further '60s Mini variant, perhaps a Traveller / Countryman, or even a Riley Elf. :)

Same for me, nothing there for me to spend my money on from Revell this year, but I do have my Renault 4 GTL on pre order from Heller and I no doubt be buying a case load of Citroen DS19's from Ebbro, looks like I won't be buying too many models this year ........

I must admit that Ebbro's DS is the 2015 release announcement that has really caught my attention - I hope that they have at least one other variant planned too though! B)

Boy some of you guys are never happy. With the exception of four Ferraris Revell AG has done nothing BUT classic cars for like five years now. I gotta remember to gripe the next time Revell US or Moebius offers drag/racing cars I have no interest in so I can moan about a lack of factory stock kits... ;)

That aside, I'm in for an i8 for sure, a 918 only if Tamiya doesn't wind up doing one. I'd also like to think that a new Porsche and BMW could be a gateway into new (or at least improved) licensing agreements. That i8 you look sideways at might lead to a 2002 down the road.

Well, I'll be snapping up the i8 and the "Weissach Sports" 918 (which basically seems to be "Martini livery without the licensing fee..."`) as soon as I see them. Plus of course the DS19, but that's OT in a thread about Revell's 2015 releases...

bestest,

M.

I believe the Weissach Sports version is in this case specifically replicating the car that holds the current 'Ring record for production cars, and the first street legal vehicle to break the 7 minute mark. Overall that package deletes the radio, HVAC, adds more carbon fiber and lightens the car by 90 some odd pounds.