Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is it - The all new Ford GT

It has a twin turbo EcoBoost 3.5 liter V6 pushing out 600 horses or more (!), with a seven-speed automatic paddleshifter. A lot of people are complaining that "this is America, it should've been a V8" but I don't think they realize that this engine will basically beat any V8 Ford has out right now. It also has adjustable seats, steering wheel and suspension, and also some crazy aerodynamics.

I really like the re-styling, you can still tell it's a GT40 but it's changed so much for the better. A real nice car. I'd buy one if I could afford it! I imagine all together it's going to cost something in the ballpark of 70-100k at least.

Here's a few pictures I snagged from that article.

2s63ltk.jpg

iqbsk4.jpg

2qjakwy.jpg

Edited by DynoMight

It has a twin turbo EcoBoost 3.5 liter V6 pushing out 600 horses or more (!), with a seven-speed automatic paddleshifter. A lot of people are complaining that "this is America, it should've been a V8" but I don't think they realize that this engine will basically beat any V8 Ford has out right now. It also has adjustable seats, steering wheel and suspension, and also some crazy aerodynamics.

I really like the re-styling, you can still tell it's a GT40 but it's changed so much for the better. A real nice car. I'd buy one if I could afford it! I imagine all together it's going to cost something in the ballpark of 50k-70k at least.

Here's a few pictures I snagged from that article.

2s63ltk.jpg

iqbsk4.jpg

2qjakwy.jpg

Lol makes the corvette look like a Avis rental

A real nice car. I'd buy one if I could afford it! I imagine all together it's going to cost something in the ballpark of 70-100k at least.

70-100K is a little league field. The price, according to another article, will be approximately 260000 GBP (around $400000), which is in the same neighborhood as the Aventador. That's Major League mazuma.

muscle cars aren't aerodynamic, and the GT40/GT were never intended to be muscle. They are race cars. There is a reason the cars are shaped a certain way. Ford is making a push for Le Mans with this new car, making it a bloated brick like the Challenger isn't going to do them any favors.

Edited by Quick GMC

It's an impressive car, but!

I might be the only guy here that feels that European styling has taken over.

I remember a time when American Muscle just looked American. The Viper started the tread and it now continues, IMO.

You have to remember what its grand-daddy was.

1968-ford-gt40-mk-ii-chassis-1076-main-2

Edited by Ace-Garageguy