Model Cars Magazine Forum

Figure Lindberg will Reissue this Jewel?

As a kid I loved Lindberg kits (though not this series so much) I wish Round2 would reissue some those cool hot rod kits. Even though many were 1/32 or other odd scales. As a kid I had fun assembling them and many are actually pretty cool designs.

Edited by Phirewriter

my comment about lindberg above is probably a little over the top. they did put out some nice kits. its just those were so diluted with stuff like this current subject that it cast a pall on the entire enterprise to my mind anyhow.

jb

my comment about lindberg above is probably a little over the top. they did put out some nice kits. its just those were so diluted with stuff like this current subject that it cast a pall on the entire enterprise to my mind anyhow.

jb

Are they reissuing this? I haven't seen anything about it.

come on guys, this was aimed at chilluns during the 70's and 80's... it was all about the big tires back then.

probly sold well enough for them to issue the "neon" and glo-n-the-dark series.

I think it should be selected as a "same kit" contest theme just to see what us "advanced builders" can make out of one. ;)

I still see these go for ridiculous prices on fleabay due to them being listed as "slot cars"

Many of Lindberg's 1/32 racing/sports car themed series of kits that originally were issued in the early to mid 60's were sold as slot car bodies only. That's why many of the cars such as Ferrari 250, Cobra Coupe, Porsche and others have these tires or poorly done generic wheel/tires. The neon issues are a prime example. Lindberg did in fact release some rtr slot cars and complete kits along with the bodies. The slot cars are somewhat difficult to find, however don't go for too much due to their rather poor quality.

Edited by Phirewriter