Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wildest 1990 Ford Granada I've ever seen!

Even to build what he built is no easy task, but it would have been nice if he'd got the panels a little straighter, the car not leaning to one side, and the wheel openings actually round. Like I said though, you have to respect the amount of effort that went into making the thing look as good as it does, and to actually run. I've seen WAY worse.

Yup, a British Ford Granada. Back in 1981 I drove one briefly in Jamaica when I was there on my honeymoon. I was intrigued by the RHD cars there, and saw there was a Hertz agency within a short walk from our hotel. So I went and rented one. I drove it around, then brought it back about an hour later. The guy asked me why, and I told him I just wanted to test drive it out of car curiosity. He asked me if there was anything else on the lot I'd like to try, then let me drive around a couple different cars including a Toyota van with RHD and a 4 speed on the column!

This reminds me of that russian guy that built a Rolls Royce Phantom out of a Mercedes W124....and then there was this guy that built a Lamborghini Countach replica in his basement and had to dig up the garden and make a hole in the wall to get it out. I guess, if you don't build models and you'r tired of the wifes nagging this will be the outcome.

Yup, a British Ford Granada. Back in 1981 I drove one briefly in Jamaica when I was there on my honeymoon. I was intrigued by the RHD cars there,

No such thing as a British Granada after the Mk1, after 1976 all Granada's were built at the Cologne factory in Germany

No such thing as a British Granada after the Mk1, after 1976 all Granada's were built at the Cologne factory in Germany

The Granada that this build is based on was never a Granada in the rest of Europe, we got it as the mk1 Scorpio. To us the last Granada was in 1985. But I guess they where all built in Germany.