Model Cars Magazine Forum

Found a car error in a movie

ZTony8

The original gone in sixty seconds. More hubcaps came and went. Also there was jump seen and it could clearly see the tierod broke and then fixed next scene.

. Same thing with terminator 2 when the semi comes off the road and down in riverbed you can see the two front tires going in to different directions and then be ok in the next shot.

Edited by bobthehobbyguy

That was "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", thankfully the only film where George Lazenby played Bond...

That was Diamonds are Forever, with the Mustang in the alley.

With the guns, I can think of a few off the top of my head.

-Bullet Tooth Tony's Deagle in snatch., where he fires 8 or 9 shots...

-jamming AK47 in BTTF... Not impossible, but rarely seen, especially in movies

Edited by chunkypeanutbutter

The original gone in sixty seconds. More hubcaps came and went. Also there was jump seen and it could clearly see the tierod broke and then fixed next scene.

. Same thing with terminator 2 when the semi comes off the road and down in riverbed you can see the two front tires going in to different directions and then be ok in the next shot.

And the Charger in Bullitt loses 6 hubcaps...

And the Charger in Bullitt loses 6 hubcaps...

Um, no.

I've studied that scene very carefully, almost frame by frame. It's seen to lose three, after which it still has at least two. What happens is that you see the same scene repeated from at least two different cameras at different times--you see it lose the same hubcap twice.

Or racking the shotgun for no reason, or the biggest no-no of all movies: flipping a revolver shut.

Or spinning the cylinder. :o

In Commando, the Porsche gets flipped up on it's side, then he pushes it back on it's wheels and drives off with no damage

In Apocalypse Now, they are going up the river when they pass the burning tail section of a downed plane that has no control surfaces

Been going on as long as there have been movies. I recall a Jag E going over a cliff and becoming a Triumph GT6, several Ford police cruisers becoming Chevys or Mopars as the scene was cut back and forth, police officers referring to automatic handguns as "revolvers", and recently, cops picking up "spent brass" from a gun that was very obviously a revolver in the shooting scene...not to mention that every handgun or rifle / shotgun sounds like a field-artillery piece.

The mistakes in engineering, technology and aviation terminology are rampant too.

And I once saw a diesel locomotive making choo-choo sounds.

Morons.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

There was a criminal minds where the unsub (played by Agent Skinner from X-Files) was running from the cops after in a XJ Cherokee Sport at the e d of the episode and the stunt driver is throwing the XJ around that was actually pretty believable for one of those and the police finally had to PIT him when they were able to get near the truck, causing it to "roll". Thing is though, they don't show the truck rolling, just moving the camera while it was focused on the actor moving like he flipped it. After they get him out they're standing next to the thing while it's laying on it's side with the belly facing the actors and camera when I notice something that's off about the underside.......it wasn't a XJ! They were standing near the front of the vehicle, where you could clearly see an independant front suspension as well as a not so unibody Jeep floorpan! All 2wd MJ Comanches, XJ Cherokees, and ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokees used a tube axle that had almost all the steering and suspension parts that steered and located the Dana 30 front drive axles welded and/or bolted to it to reduce parts cost and easy variations between the 2wd and 4wd models.

Saw 'Need for Speed' this past weekend..a character referred to a '68-69 Torino GT as a 'Gran Torino'.. speaking of 'The Rockford Files', I saw one a while back where Jim (under duress from gangsters) drove a then new Lincoln off road and the camera cut to show an early '60s Lincoln..

Just noticed another Jeep related error, this time in Blue Bloods! Detective Danny Reagan has a XJ Jeep Cherokee for a personal vehicle, but they were bouncing back and forth between a pre-'97 and post-'96 XJ. Thought they might have put him in a newer one later on in the series, until tonight that is. The rerun I've got on had a pre-'97 parked in front of his house, then had him rushing up behind a garbage truck in a post-'96 shortly there after!

Or when some arms the car alarm it chirps twice, one chirp is arm, 2 is disarm. Only time a alarm chirps twice when arming is if a channel is open, I.e. door, trunk, etc.. But there is a delay between chirps.

And don't notice it much anymore but seem all movie cars have squeaky brakes. And you would think the writers would ask someone about what equipment is on a car in a scene so the character doesn't look like a idiot, can't think of any specific movies or shows of top of my head, but seems I am always yelling at tv for It.

Watched Bullit last night, great movie, but in the great chase scenes they pass the same green VW 4 times going down hill in the city. :lol:

They don't pass it four times, they show it four times.

The downhill chase was done once, and shot from multiple cameras inside and outside the cars. The editing makes it look like they came down hills two or three times. That's why/how the Charger loses so many hubcaps. It actually only loses two, but you see more than that come off.

Everyone missed the obvious ones. The `55 Chevy when it get's wrecked in American Graffiti, and the Challenger morphing into a Camaro in the original Vanishing Point ending crash.

Never mind the Nomad on Home Improvement turing into a 210 wagon as Tim drops the I beam drops across the center of the car…..

Edited by FASTBACK340