Model Cars Magazine Forum

I finally did an example of my True Fire on a Jaguar XJ220...... ALMOST DONE! (NEW PICS 2/22)

Kennyboy

Base coat was black with white flame licks......Kandy Oriental blue over front and Kandy pink over sides and back. 4 hours worth of painting time and 3 coats of lacquer clear coat. They turned out pretty cool for the first time in a long time......

P1000748_zps1pfrpryh.jpg

P1000746_zpsvfo37kec.jpg

P1000745_zpsdsbnl7p2.jpg

P1000744_zpsich7vt5y.jpg

P1000739_zpsovlvmmjo.jpg

P1000738_zpsr039o1xf.jpg

P1000751_zpsgyxu7k6g.jpg

Edited by Kennyboy

Very nice effect. Any chance you'll do a how-to for us?

I would probably have to do a Youtube video to show how.......I learned how to do this about 4 years ago from Mike Lavallee's True Fire video (GREAT learning video!!!) Bought the templates, and the video and started going at it on motorcycles, car hoods, and helmets (to name a few.) Got out of doing it on large objects because people did not want to pay the price.....the clearcoat alone was over $125.00 a quart not to mention all the colors. Fast forward to last year.....I bought the True Fire templates for models and .....well....here you go.

Nice "Butane Flames!" I got the Tru-Fire DVD from Mike Lavallee several years ago and flamed a few things. The technique isn't as hard as the finished product might suggest, but practice and having "the Eye" makes a world of difference. Your Tru-Fire looks awesome!! Well done!

Nice "Butane Flames!" I got the Tru-Fire DVD from Mike Lavallee several years ago and flamed a few things. The technique isn't as hard as the finished product might suggest, but practice and having "the Eye" makes a world of difference. Your Tru-Fire looks awesome!! Well done!

Thank you Eric.........your explanation is very true (no pun intended) not too hard to learn, just takes a while to "get it"....not saying that I "get it" by no means.

Absolutely amazing paint job, don't worry about the how-to video, can I just send you my models to paint instead ....... :D ......

Are you going to finish the jag now its painted, or was this a paint trial, for now ? .... ..Lowlife ! !

Thank you Martin! :D I do plan on finishing it soon........it will be a race car rolling on gold BBS's and slicks. Now to find some sponsor decals.....