[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. What did you get today?

In today's mail? Revell's '68 Mustang with the correct interior inside. I am pleased.
  3. Revell's 68 Mustang GT 2n1 kit

My '68 Mustang arrived today. Because of the above conversation, I quickly opened mine up to see what I got interior wise. Below, is what I found in the sealed kit I just bought.
  4. You should be happy, turned out great.
  5. Aluminum Moon Fuel Tank

Manny at VCG Resins makes moon tanks, custom sizes, you specify length and width. In fact if you sent him the picture, and specified the size, I bet you could get one just like it. He made some custom sized air tanks for a Peterbilt I’m working on. His prices a very reasonable, too. vcgresins.com
  6. 1967 Pontiac Bonneville

That is downright beautiful!
  7. AMT Parts Packs - Your Ideas & Suggestions?

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this, and the tooling already exists as separate parts from the original kit they came in... The big and little wide whites from the new tool AlaKart!!! I know saying new tool AlaKart around the hobby is likely to get you kicked in the shins, but the tires in that kit are excellent. And the tooling for those parts is separate from the rest of the tool. How do I know? Well, obviously the tires themselves are because they're vinyl, but the whitewall inserts are separate because they came in white plastic while the rest of the tool was grey. So please, Round2, dig these out! Easy money!
  8. 1967 Pontiac Bonneville

Fabulous! But then we expect no less from you.
  9. Thank you

Thanks so much Bill. The package was a very pleasant surprise. If/when I can help you out, please let me know.
  10. 1967 Pontiac Bonneville

Wow! That is beautiful.
  11. Second model completed this year, this one was built for a YouTube "Ford truck month" group build. This one was built from the original 1979 Wild Hoss kit, totally box stock apart from the wired distributor. Body was painted by spray can, and the interior is a Vallejo custom mix metallic to contrast with the exterior paint. Overall this was a nice kit for its age, a few fit issues expected with old AMT kits. I'm really happy with how it turned out, I have now added mirrors and licence plates, I forgot to add them before I took the photos.
  12. Here are a couple I have bean working on. The suburban is now 4x4, going to be finished in krylon teal and white. The bronco I opened up the rear wheel arches by making a pattern from the front. Then used .010 styrene to form the raised part of the arch. Cut the stock roof down to make the cab top and used .030 styrene to make the back window frame. Bumpers are styrene tubing.
  13. 1967 Pontiac Bonneville

Sweet
  14. Really like the clear blue on the headers. Steering solution is very clever...thanks for sharing.
  15. Thank you

Yep. That was me. Sorry guys for the delay getting them out when promised
  16. 1967 Pontiac Bonneville

Beautiful Pontiac, Steve.
  17. Daytona 500

I only watched the last few laps of the Daytona 150/150/200 as I was working at a car show (photos in a few days). A few things I don't quite understand: Impala and Camaro? A sports car racing with sedans? Sedans - Nascar; Sports cars - IMSA. Why the periods? Must be to give the car sponsors more air time or maybe they are trying to copy a good old Canadian hockey game I thought I heard the announcer (Jeff Gordon) say that a spin and crash was caused by the air pushing the car out of control when the right front fender went by the left 1/4 panel and changed the air flow so much the driver could not handle it? Are the new aerodynamics that bad that you cannot race side by side? A new 'common' air gun for changing wheels? Are they that anal that they need a 'common' tool? Just hire robots and get rid of the human factor. Did they say the wheels lugs are smaller now? Would that not make the studs weaker and less safe? Okay, time for Sebring, LeMans, CTMP/Mosport, real sports cars that I can identify at 100 feet
  18. Hello, I have a couple of questions. I am trying to reproduce a couple of resin parts I got a while ago, unfortunately they are no longer available. Therefore, I need to reproduce them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Trevor
  19. ethical situation

I'm on board with much of what's been said, except for the police part. My assumption is it's being done by someone close enough to have access to his possessions, which means CLOSE family or friend. Are POLICE CHARGES really where you want to start this? Maybe later, if warranted, as a final action.
  20. Thanks Bill. I'm hoping to actually make some real progress on this one. It's been on my bench long enough.! lol
  21. 1:25 siding

That ......................is one awesome idea right there!
  22. 1967 Pontiac Bonneville

Hi guys. I'm sure that by now, most of you know that I have been sweating over this old MPC built-up for many months. Finally finished it today! I won't bore you with all of the modifications & up-grades. You've probably seen all of those on the WIP thread. Anyway, here it is in all of it's "Plum Mist" glory. I can't wait to get some outside shots! I'm sure that will do a lot to highlight the beautiful color. The inside shots do it no justice. But, being February in Minnesota, it will have to wait. Hope you enjoy it. Any comments at all are welcome Steve
  23. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

for new adventures
  1. Load more activity