Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I haven't started it yet, but I bought the Beemax/Platz/NuNu Porsche kit and it is a really nicely detailed kit. I know of a few builds and review of the kit on Youtube, here is a link to one of them. Steve A.
  3. I've also had some luck coating the Revell spray with a coat of Future. It's thin but seems to be doing the trick with the grille shell for my '32 Chevy. I've been handling it normally so far during the building process, test fitting, doing mockups and such and it looks pretty well the same as when I started
  4. Yea I’ve done that also. Would just like to have some of the originals
  5. Anybody try the very fine piano hinges available aftermarket? Thanks for the ideas.
  6. Stripper is something I use far too often when my paint jobs go yucky.
  7. All twelve pins for the two cream bonnet side panels were heat sealed, and the assembled bonnet panels have fitted together well . . . The instruction sheet suggests glueing in place the four chrome lock handles, so two on each side at the lower edges, but I need to use Tamiya Polishing Compound on these four bonnet panels before the lock handles can be attached . . . This was an ideal opportunity to put together a mock up . . . The upper body, lower body, firewall, spare wheel casings, bonnet panels assembly, radiator and radiator grille were dry fitted together, with the help of some blue tape on the inside . . . Now the Phantom III is beginning to come to life. You can appreciate the size and style of this motor car, which looks good from all angles . . . David
  8. First time in a long while I've got this out: "Rotisserie" adapted from an eBay "PCB soldering station" with a 50cm pice of steel rectangular tube to mke it usable for 1/24, 1/25 scale cars and trucks, and 1/35 armour... Exhaust components stolen from a "spares or repairs" E-Type and finished with some aluminum "bootlace ferrules" of the right size. Note, I have NO idea how the actual exhaust run on the Girardo and Co AC289 Sports Mk III that I'm using for reference. Sadly they didn't put it on a lift for the auction photo shoot. I can see some silencer components under the cabin and everything is under the chassis, with no side pipe or out-turn. I can see that the outlets are under the rear wings at each side. But I can't find any reference for how they get round the rear axle. I'm assuming (though I haven't tried to model this) that the pipes go up and over the suspension, like on a Mustang, or around the diff, like an E-Type. I know where they come out, and a bit of what they look like from the side, but much like the suspension and engine mounts, it's my best shot at what the real thing might be like, not an accurate model. Taking advantage of being on four wheels to open up the hood. Just the shiny details to go now... best, M.
  9. It seems to be working again.🤨 I use an iPad. My PC baffles me since I was forced to upgrade to Windows 10.🤬
  10. ~cough~ Eggs were thrown at the fat stripper.
  11. That is extreme, demand seeing the By-Laws and make them point out where they can do that. I'm having the same heartburn about my County doing selective enforcement by the building department. Some time ago, had a client who was going to build his home on the last lot, at the end of a street, pie shape, hillside, custom design to every setback line except the front. The HOA design review committee was the homeowners in the immediate vicinity, when I walked in, could tell the old woman hunched over the plans was going to be the problem child. She was on the left side, said he needed to save some Scrub Oak trees by reducing his footprint, then unrolled her sketch over my blueprints! 😳 I let the customer answer, since he was going to have to coexist with her. Then the guy on the right, said he needed to save the trees! 😠 I said in a dripping with sarcasm voice, "tell you what, why don't you both buy the lot, then split it so you can save the trees?!?!" Her look was worth it. 🤣 I have begged off homes in HOAs by doubling my going rate. I don't live in an HOA for this reason. Recently got this email:
  12. Recently finished this one up. OOB build, body polished and clear coated, and just a bit of detail painting.
  13. Pierre, Gary's BMW 3,0 CSL (Tokyo Maruii) looks great, but the 3,5 CSL from ARII/Micro Ace only looks good on the box lid, but is really awful - body distorted (grill and headlights too small, front spoiler huge!, wheels too tiny, tires too fat ==> it looked like the box of the US Airfix version in your post(could have been the same kit), the decals are junk, the whole kit is a mess - so I sold it a few years ago. The Gunze 365 GTB however, is a toy and not a model kit in my eyes with a very shallow stock ( !) interior and a sheet with racing decals - the body shows similarities with the real car, the rest is totally useless (eventually for slot racing). I wanted to take some pics, but could not find it anywhere.
  14. Looks very good. It's a rather difficult paint scheme. I botched the paint on this one a long time ago, and it sits in its box waiting to be stripped and repainted.
  15. I've been wary of that from day one! Yes, the sign post sure won't stop a launch. So if I'm several cars back in the U-turn lane, I would be dead. I don't have a big problem with handicap parking spaces, I do wonder if some are mentally handicapped. A place I do business at all the time, got new pavement. They also deleted one parking space for other people, with the diagonal line box, and made the end spot (behind me) really narrow. Next time, if there is no HC sign at the diagonal box, guess what? Oh wait, the ramp......
  16. Chopped deuce sedan ....modified and detailed from the Revell Orange Crate kit
  17. Skirts, wide whites and a very nice engine, well done.
  18. I got this kit finished earlier today and even managed some outside pictures for under glass. thanks all for following and or commenting! next up a 32 ford coupe.
  19. Now that's is very well done and nice color and excellent detailing.
  20. Welcome, Zach to the forum. Mike told you about the two shows in Houston coming up, but if you want to travel east we have a show in Sulphur Louisiana on May 18th. its only 22 miles across state line. message me for further details.
  1. Load more activity