Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. 2:30 PM I slipped the leash, went for a 3.5 mile hike at my favorite close-ish spot. Got far enough from civilization to not hear any evidence of it except the occasional jet flying over, which I kinda like. Weather had been overcast all day, but after about 15 minutes the sun came out and brought a nice breeze with it. I felt like the sky just grinned and said "glad you're here, and thanks for coming". Not very fast, but not too bad, and not much pain...and I feel great now. THEN...after slow-charging her battery and letting it sit for a few days to see if it would hold, my little PT fired up on the first twist of the key after sitting almost 6 months. Air even still blows cold. So I washed it. Altogether a pretty good day, even though I have a slow-pay client who's never been late before. Oh well. "The check is in the mail".
  3. Bronzekeg

'30 Ford

recent build using tamiya metallic orange and various testors and krylon paints. some parts from the 29 roadster were used. I tried taking pics outside today but they glared bad. thanks for looking.
  4. Lein on me is not Bill Withers, but the bank auditor's song.
  5. It's all a lie.. Don't buy into it! I can't wait to be out from under our HOA.. Just have to convince the wife.. Already have the other house with no HOA. Its a no brainer for me.
  6. "Check's in the mail" repeated endlessly for decades is the reason I finally started billing monthly, and at 60 days, I file a lien.
  7. Not here in San Diego, they still have the same stuff!
  8. I don't either. Old neighborhood, some semi-slum houses that have really gone downhill due to a change in "demographics" in the last ten years, some getting bought cheap, resto'd and yuppified, sold on by Sotheby's and other hotsy-totsy realtors. Clown just bought the ex-rental house next to me, came by with a master plan to get streetlights put on all the slightly dark spots, and trying to get a new HOA up and running. I wouldn't sign his streetlight petition, telling him one reason I don't live IN THE CITY anymore is that I like it DARK at night. Then he starts whining on about how I'll feel safer. Listen mister...even though I look like an old fossil to you, the only person not safe on my property is someone I didn't invite. And...I've lived here 10 years without having anyone telling me what color I can paint my own dammmmmed mailbox, and he can take his HOA and stick that with the streetlight proposal. I don't think he likes me anymore.
  9. Super nice looking build. Love these old Hot Rods.
  10. I found one on Ebay 50 bucks shipped,,,I'll check for one at the NNL tomorrow
  11. A company that actually wants out business? What a concept! I guess simply shouting down anyone who has a problem with whatever dubious plastic that gets foisted on them doesn't work that well after all.
  12. Paint the door edges first. Tape the doors shut from the inside. Sand down any overspray before painting the outside.
  13. Paint it pretty much like you paint a real one. If it's a solid color, no worries. Just shoot everything separate, making dead sure you get full coverage on every panel, and that you shoot the same number of coats on every panel. If it's a metallic or a pearl... Shoot the jambs and edges. Let that dry. Scuff any overspray on the main body...and be sure to sand out any orange peel. Then tape your opening panels in place and shoot the whole thing. Then shoot a coat of clear over everything. Then take it apart and shoot the rest of your clear. You MIGHT find it works better to very carefully mask the jambs to keep dry overspray from building up inside them...just like we do on the real ones.
  14. Auction sites have a tendency to make me write bad checks…💵💵💵
  15. Someday I'll actually get around to building my AMT Studebaker Avanti, but I'd like to know if there is a better way to paint the body & doors. My first thought would be to attach the doors with tape on the inside of the body so everything gets the same amount of paint, but I also want to make sure the edges of the doors are covered too. I'm all ears...
  16. Today
  17. I'm liking where you are going with this model, as usual the work is top notch. I know all too well the mood shift after an intense long term project but I can assure you it disipates fairly quickly. Glad to see you working on the though, it's a good sign.
  18. Yesterday
  19. Lets hope they stay on the rails as well A customer, anticipating his new '15 F150 in late 2014 had to wait a little longer... due to a wreck in Saskatchewn Local wreckers won their bids for some of the carnage.
  20. Wouldn't it be cool if somebody came up with a colored, translucent self-adhesive film you could cut to size and shape like BMF and just apply it to your glass? It seems to me that it's out there somewhere. 🤓
  1. Load more activity