Model Cars Magazine Forum

2015 Mustang link

Looks half mustang/half camaro. Maybe a dash of Nissan and a dash of Infiniti.

I was thinking Ford bought a GTR and said "OK, let's throw on some Camaro quarters and interior pieces, put some fender vents in the hood, grind out the grille bigger, and throw some Mustang taillights and badges on it." Im not saying it looks THAT bad. But certainly too much like the GTR and Camaro.

BTW, one of the 19" wheels is called the premium but 20s are available. :huh: It's kinda childish but, I also noticed that if you hold down one of the arrows in the picture, on Charlie's link, you get really dizzy. :lol:

Edited by Skydime

I think it looks quite nice overall except for the front end, I do like the headlights but the rest of the front doesn't look good to me.. Of course I'll wait to see the actual car before knowing for sure.

Edited by Roger U

As an actual Mustang owner, I have to say I like it. A nice progression, new without losing the "Mustangness." I think it's a very good looking next generation Mustang... and this from a guy who loves the retro 2005+ design. If they had to shake up the design for the sake of "newness," I think they did a terrific job. Makes me wonder about trading in mine... ^_^

I agree that they did a good job of keeping the "Mustangness" and I like the overall shape well enough. I just wonder about all the superfluous folds and creases. This seems to be the trend these days...take a good, clean design and load it up with meaningless details. Whatever. When (if) the models hit the shelves, I'ma gonna get me one and remove all the mishmash hash, just to see how good looking the design is underneath.

I also have to say I have a feeling this is going to be a car that looks really good in person, probably a lot better than the photos make it appear.

I love it. It's modern and elegant with just enough classic Mustang styling cues so there's no doubt what it is. I particularly like how the vertical LED elements in the headlights recall the louvers inboard of the headlights of the first-gen car. The taillight treatment looks great, and the overall proportions are perfect. As much as I like the current car, I can't wait to see this one up close.

The more I look at it, the more I like it. There's no denying it, this isn't just a warmed over Mustang. It's all new and it now looks like a true fastback! I can't wait to see one in person!

It's too similar to the outdated outgoing model. There is, in my opinion, nothing that screams, shouts or even speaks loudly, "hey look at me". It now looks like every other generic coupe out there. Fords over-use of their apparently new trademark grille/front end design on every model dilutes the "newness" of the Mustangs design. Of course with the flood of performance enhanced versions Ford will undoubtedly release to boost sales we will get all kinds of 80"s GM gaudy aftermarket decals, scoops and wings stuck on it.

In the scope of new auto design, the New Mustang already looks dated.

Edited by robiwon

It was on Fox yesterday, and while pics on the TV aren't like real life, it looked better than I was expecting. The CEO ( ? ) of Ford was touting the "global" aspect of it and how they are expanding the export of the Mustang into new markets which have never seen a Mustang before. One can see how the styling might reflect this thinking.

• 2 weeks later...