Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Finally got the Fujimi wheels I ordered off eBay.. they look great and will look even better on the 308 I'm building..

I was really disappointed when i got mine. The tires are way to narrow for the wheels. I bought them because i wanted some

meaty tires,not to look part of some stretch and poke fashion. Maby it was just mine and these are like they should be.

Jonathan and James: Those Subaru Sambars are awesome! I didn't even know those existed.

They are brand new tooling (the kits are the same with the exception of the pick-up bed vs. cargo box) representing 2012 Sambars. They are little jewels of a kit too, about 130 parts, 4-5 part engines (nothing opens to see them so it wasn't all out), but the suspension is superb, chassis detail and interior detail are excellent, and there's even Yokohama tire engraving on the tiny (about the size of a Certs) tires. While the subject matter surely isn't up a lot of people's alleys, they show the excellent attention to detail Aoshima is putting in their "run of the mill" kits right now. Y2600 each, with the exchange rate, that's about $26.40...putting them cheaper than the MSRP on new Revell kits.

I was really disappointed when i got mine. The tires are way to narrow for the wheels. I bought them because i wanted some

meaty tires,not to look part of some stretch and poke fashion. Maby it was just mine and these are like they should be.

Mine weren't like that at all.. weird. They are really BIG tires. I swapped the tires out though.. the "bigs & littles look wouldn't work to good on a Ferrari ..

This one looks awesome! There are two of them in the box!!

You can get the same kit, basically, from Revell as they reboxed it in their own boxes.

revell-1963-chevy-corvette-grand-sport_z

Biggest issue with this kit is the chassis. It has the mold reliefs on the wrong side of the tubing and they show when assembled. With some plastic rod and putty, that can be fixed easily.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...