Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Thanks Mark. I set up at the flea market on weekends and a lot of the vendors know I like model kits so they let me know when they have some kits. This started out as 13 kits. I kept a few that I wanted and sold and traded the rest. Thus the low price for all these. 

Thanks Mark. I set up at the flea market on weekends and a lot of the vendors know I like model kits so they let me know when they have some kits. This started out as 13 kits. I kept a few that I wanted and sold and traded the rest. Thus the low price for all these. 

id love to find kits at those prices let a lone older ones.  I get stuff for a group of guys I help to build when I can...your lucky to have the inside track on these.

Check out your local flea market. A couple of months ago I scored an unbuilt 69 Camaro for a dollar and it had an unopened 2 pack of glue inside. Most people at the flea markets buy storage units and only care about the high dollar items. Models can be had for a few dollars and even less if you make a package deal. A fun way to spend the weekend and you would be amazed at the things you find if you take your time and dig around. Also check out any car swap meets in your area. The kits are out there, you just have to be willing to dig around sometimes. 

Went out to breakfast with my mom and a cousin that I haven't seen in years. Since I was more than half way from home to the hobby store(Model Empire), hey, what the heck...complete the journey. Well, I came home with these. I'm a little disappointed with the Challenger. The hard-top is a separate piece, but I'll make it work.IMAG0571_zpsia21is6h.jpg

Edited by The70judgeman

Got this kit pretty cheap from ebay. Never was very fond of this car but thought I would build one just because it is a Shelby.

today%20001_zpsmcbghcta.jpg

It's actually a really well done kit Ray, the chassis is pretty complex, but it goes together nicely. The only issue I had was with the hood sitting down all the way, it was the radiator piping causing the issue if my memory is worth a squat. 

Edited by Custom Mike
Spelling

Took advantage of this week's 25% off on models special at Hobby Lobby to pick up a set of AMT wide and narrow whitewalls, and used my 40% off coupon to get an erasing shield - it's photoetched mesh in a circle pattern that's a very close match to grille of the '58 Ford I'm working on:The area isn't too large (2 1/4" x 3 3/8") but it was only $3.49 before the discount - handy if you need a small piece.

I have a couple of stainless steel erasing shields here, from my old board drafting days. I find that many of my old drafting goodies (circle templates and such), come in very handy for some modeling "stuff".

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...