Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Is that a promo Tommy?

Just thought with everything painted the same color, it looked like a promo.

Steve

I have not seen the Coronet promos in this color (I haven`t seen em all) and the hood is also open.

I belive it is a kit,i`ll confirm it when it arrive.

FREE...!  Now that is some luck...!  Nice..free is always on the budget...LOL...

yeah a friend on facebook sent them to me he does that quite a bit  and free is all ways good  when it comes to vintage models since i am on ssi/ssd so i cant afford the those vintage/retro models  when they are at those collector's prices 

I bought the X-Acto brand  X-LIGHT knife today.  What a neat tool.  the light is behind the blade so it shines equally on each side of the blade as you are working it. It also has the soft handle I like.   These are available at Hobby Lobby for $14.99 or $8.99 with the magic 40% off coupon.  Worth every dime!

I bought the X-Acto brand  X-LIGHT knife today.  What a neat tool.  the light is behind the blade so it shines equally on each side of the blade as you are working it. It also has the soft handle I like.   These are available at Hobby Lobby for $14.99 or $8.99 with the magic 40% off coupon.  Worth every dime!

Thanks for reminding me. I just went over to eBay to order one. Payed $11.99 with shipping.

yeah a friend on facebook sent them to me he does that quite a bit  and free is all ways good  when it comes to vintage models since i am on ssi/ssd so i cant afford the those vintage/retro models  when they are at those collector's prices 

Michelle...  I know exactly what you mean on that one...I am also on a very small disability income...makes everything hard.  Its cool you have a friend that will do that for you to help out.

Got these at Ollies. They also had a 1/8 lindberg dragster kit with two old school AA rail jobs. One had two motors and one with a single motor. It looked interesting, but I'm not into that scale.

20160929_1012301_zpsamkv1qlw.jpg

Found a couple 66 Oldsmobiles at Ollie's today that were mis-priced at $2.99!! Someone put the wrong sticker on

Unusually good day at the local toy/train show.

The regular purveyor of glue bombs actually had some really nice stuff:

1. '64 Plymouth Petty Stocker, built but complete and rebuildable, $15: I thought this was an original JoHan and so did the seller, but turns out it’s a common Lindberg. Wouldn’t have bought it if I’d known that, but oh well. My only bad deal of the day, and it’s not a complete writeoff.

2. Diecast ’64 Ford Thunderbolt, $12: Fairly nice looking in Burgundy. Had never seen one of these before. I’ll perform some of my Snakifications on it and it’ll end up on my display shelf at work. Good deal.

3. AMT ’72 Chevelle, $9: Built but complete and rebuildable. These are getting hard to find and I think the molds have been altered to the ’70, which I have several of just for parts cars. I’ve already built one ’72 so might convert this one to a ’71.

4. Dodge Copperhead, $7: Haven’t figured out if this is a promo or an assembled snapper, but either way, it’s clean and complete, and will look great with its metallic orange plastic polished. Great deal!

5. JoHan Maverick Pro Stock, $25: Built but very cleanly, and seems to be missing only one front wheel & tire, which I can replace. Seems to be a first-issue Fast Eddie car, with the Spyder wheels and distinctive hood scoop. It’s built so cleanly that I might just clean it up and "restore" it as-is for the moment. Pretty sure it would have gone for at least $35 on eBay (plus shipping), so, good deal!

6. JoHan ’69 Road Runner, $11: Built, but fairly cleanly. Only issue is the headlights; I’ll have to replace all four lenses but that’s not an unsolvable problem. Otherwise, body is complete and unsanded and this will be a VERY nice rebuild project. Eleven bucks—Deal of the Day, Week, and Month!

Those six added up to $79, and the guy knocked it down to $70, so my actual prices paid are actually less than quoted above. (Or you could say I got the Chevelle or the Copperheard for free—or paid only $2 for the JoHan Road Runner.)

I also finally scored one of those diecast bank ’55 Chevy Sedan Deliveries for $8, cheapest I’ve ever seen one. Always thought these looked a bit undersized and I was right. It’s about a half-inch shorter than a 1/25 ’55 sedan, and measuring the wheelbase with a dial caliper puts the scale at close to 1/27. Oh well, it’ll look fine on my office shelf when I get done painting and Snakifying it.

I picked up this '61 Revell 1/4 scale slant six. Unbuilt, still sealed in the plastic bags. All of the metal screws, springs etc are still in the paper envelopes. The built engine belongs to my father.

14441039_10153672419122723_6893922406888

Edited by Aaron_F

Michael, many years ago at the MidAtlantic NNL, there was a vendor with lots of parts bags. I spotted huge slant six parts in a bag marked $5.  I knew it was a bargain and intended to get one of those engines someday so I bought it.  A few years later I buy one on eBay where the seller was one of those "I think it's complete but I know nothing about models" people.  It went way cheap.

It comes in the mail and guess what?  Parts it was missing matched the bag I bought almost exactly!

I'm still missing springs and stuff for starters.  Neither purchase included either the transmission or engine stand, still need 'em!

I picked up this '61 Revell 1/4 scale slant six. Unbuilt, still sealed in the plastic bags. All of the metal screws, springs etc are still in the paper envelopes. The built engine belongs to my father.

14441039_10153672419122723_6893922406888

Sweet, Wish I could find one for w reasonable price.

Mike

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...