Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got back from the DuPage show a while ago; sold off a batch of model airplanes and picked up a complete Lindberg '64 Plymouth chassis, three sets of tires (including a set from the IMC Little Red Wagon/Mustang), Monogram '59 Caddy wheelcovers for my '60 Fleetwood, and this nice Crown Premiums '37 Studebaker pickup in State Farm markings (a dealer had several that had small flaws in the silver paint on the hood, so they were only $10 a pop!). The '37 Stude dealer album came from my dad; he got it about forty years ago when his company was getting rid of old stuff.

29892618316_272f574060_c.jpg

Absolutely nothing. :D

Because...rather than continuing to buy more models that I may never get the time to build, I've decided to divert what I usually spend on the hobby towards the fund to Help Harry.

I think a lot of us could probably put off buying at least a model or two every month to send the funds instead to our good friend here who's needing our help.

In case you somehow haven't heard, our moderator Harry Pristovnik has a serious health issue, an expensive and painful proposition, and really needs financial assistance.

How about those of you who appreciate what Harry has done for this forum...working here for free for years...donate to his help fund some of the money you'd normally spend on your hobby?

For more information, please see the "HELP HARRY" thread pinned to the top of this column by clicking   http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/116986-help-harry/

Or go directly to his gofundme help fund page by clicking  https://www.gofundme.com/2pndgj5w?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta_button&utm_campaign=upd_n

It's quick and easy to donate, and they accept all the major credit and bank cards.

Come on guys...he needs us.  

Dad and I went to the Dupage show today too. Picked up the Atlantic, 300c Custom, Astro Supremes, and the Jimmy Flinstone resin idol heads and Caddy Shack Gopher.  Dad has decided to get back into the hobby and picked up the '41 Plymouth kit for himself! It'll be the first model Dad has built since I was 5...........and I just turned 40 last Friday...............

tmp_30272-20160925_210908-2142328656.jpg

Edited by Joe Handley

Orphans that begged for a new home from the 3 Rivers Automodelers show in Pittsburgh PA today. 

The 49 Ford and 1905 Rolls Royce are 1/32 scales, and the small box beside them is a partially built and hopefully complete Borax 20 Mule Team. The Ryder and UPS decals are for my collection of now 4 (with the one today) Louisvilles, and I had some strange attraction to sporty Dodges. Everything is either still sealed or sealed inside with the exception of the Monza and the Ladder Chief, but the Monza is complete. The Ladder Chief is missing a few parts and the cab is warped, but I have a plan that is not going to make that an issue. 

Absolutely nothing. :D

Because...rather than continuing to buy more models that I may never get the time to build, I've decided to divert what I usually spend on the hobby towards the fund to Help Harry.

I think a lot of us could probably put off buying at least a model or two every month to send the funds instead to our good friend here who's needing our help.

In case you somehow haven't heard, our moderator Harry Pristovnik has a serious health issue, an expensive and painful proposition, and really needs financial assistance.

How about those of you who appreciate what Harry has done for this forum...working here for free for years...donate to his help fund some of the money you'd normally spend on your hobby?

For more information, please see the "HELP HARRY" thread pinned to the top of this column by clicking   http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/116986-help-harry/

Or go directly to his gofundme help fund page by clicking  https://www.gofundme.com/2pndgj5w?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta_button&utm_campaign=upd_n

It's quick and easy to donate, and they accept all the major credit and bank cards.

Come on guys...he needs us.  

Great idea. I did the same myself.

Had these delivered to me at Super September Showdown on the 11th.

Nice Johan '59 Caddy from Frank Tiewski. Brought it home and stripped it down. Not sure what I'm going to do with this one. What's nice about the original kits like this one is the much better chassis than was used on the Xel promo reissues. Thanks, Frank!

59CaddyFwood1-vi.jpg59CaddyFwood2-vi.jpg

59CaddyFwood3-vi.jpg59CaddyFwood4-vi.jpg59CaddyFwood5-vi.jpg

And from Rod Rakos, two funky 59s. Rod got these along with a bunch similarly crazy period builds of similar quality. There are some good parts here as I needed the rear splash pan from the Buick in particular. Interestingly both models have intact '58 Pontiac steering wheels. Thanks, Rod!

BasementBuick1-vi.jpgBasementBuick2-vi.jpgBasementBuick3-vi.jpgBasementPontiac1-vi.jpgBasementPontiac2-vi.jpgBasementPontiac4-vi.jpgBasementPontiac5-vi.jpg

I discovered a very nice Normatt Winnebago promo today at a local shop today. The body detail, color and decals are really nice. I think the only thing missing is the spare tire. It is 1/20 scale but it will look good pulling a 1/25 trailer and car.

I have wanted one since I first saw on in the mid 80's at the Hillside Super Model Sunday show.

Carmak

Winnebago 01.jpg

Winnebago 02.jpg

Winnebago 03.jpg

Winnebago 04.jpg

I discovered a very nice Normatt Winnebago promo today at a local shop today. The body detail, color and decals are really nice. I think the only thing missing is the spare tire. It is 1/20 scale but it will look good pulling a 1/25 trailer and car.

I have wanted one since I first saw on in the mid 80's at the Hillside Super Model Sunday show.

Carmak

Winnebago 04.jpg

Looks like an original MPC '68 GTO? Very cool! When are you going to restore that?

That Normatt Winnebago is a VERY good find!  I thought I had found one at the Flea Market today. But looking closer, it was a larger-sized toy. Drat!  A few months ago I did find a Hess Training Van at that flea market, missing the folding door on the right. 

Slim pickings at the Flea Market today.  I did get this Sun Star 1/18 scale 1957 Facel Vega HK500, because it was cheap and it's such a cool car:

3753_FV.jpg

Edited by Mike999
error

Very patiently waiting for some parts from Modelhaus before I start in the 68 GTO.

I feel ya, my brother! I'm waiting on a couple '68 GTO parts myself to build up a nice resin promo body I bought on eBay a couple years ago. (No, I don't know who made it, but it's beautiful.)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...