Model Cars Magazine Forum

2015 Ford Mustang Snap Kit as a giveaway at NAIAS

I'm hoping these 2015 Mustang "Free Kit" efforts by Ford and Revell bring thousands of young children into an interest in model cars; and they can leave their electronic devices behind for once and maybe become life-long car modelers! Okay, I'll get a little more realistic now, but even if only a few kids become interested in car models, we're all just a little bit better off!

I'm hoping these 2015 Mustang "Free Kit" efforts by Ford and Revell bring thousands of young children into an interest in model cars; and they can leave their electronic devices behind for once and maybe become life-long car modelers! Okay, I'll get a little more realistic now, but even if only a few kids become interested in car models, we're all just a little bit better off!

I think that would be great if it were to happen, lets hope it works

I suppose everybody would be happier if Revell gave away video games instead of this. The comments here should be preserved for the next generation as evidence of why the model car hobby died on the vine.

Edited by Gary66

Did anyone stop to think how good of a thing this really might be in the long run? After the entire forum went crazy over the Fox body coupe roofline debacle, maybe Ford thought they better throw their hat in to make sure Revell doesn't mess this one up too. :blink:

Also, yeah, marketing or not, the side affect is giving the children the joy of something they made with their own hands and can be proud of. I saw something on here a few months ago where people were commenting on not caring if the hobby died out after they are gone. Opinions are opinions and this is America so, it is what it is. But my opinion is that it is a wonderful opportunity when you can pass the hobby down to kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, a neighbor kid, or whatever. If you introduce a child to model cars, they will always remember that. And it's a fond memory that I am glad my daughter will have when I am dead and gone. If passing the hobby down through generations means fond memories, let's keep the ball rollin'.

Edited by Skydime

Its a great deal that'll keep new blood flowing into the hobby, hell, Revell and Round 2 might even consider producing a few more modern car kits...hope they have a similar Make n Take at Chicago's show in a few weeks, I've got 3 young sons who love Mustangs....just like their Dad...

Jeff

My buddy just got a notice on his E-Mail that he had won a model over the website contest. He said he'd just follow their directions and see what happens. Cool if it works out. Anybody else win? I KNOW he isn't the only guy here that won something.

I have a 2013 Boss 302 kit coming to me when the kit is released, I opted out of getting the promo , well I was given that option

• 2 weeks later...