Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Austin I would think that hating the HOA is against the HOA rules. :lol:

Yep! Even when he called out the cops to ticket peoples cars facing the wrong way at two a.m. the cops wrote "Courtesy of your HOA" on the back of most of the tickets. :lol:

Me an James have talked about HOA's before and I can assure you the he will stay away from place with a HOA. I hate the one in my neighborhood.

I agree. There are both good and bad with an HOA. It would have been tough to find a nice newer neighborhood in my area of PA without one. They are set up by the builders, and then turned over to the residents once the development is done. So everywhere we looked we found an HOA. When we bought this house we were assured that ours wasn't a bad one.

My neighborhood is homes on wooded acres and because of the HOA it's nicely kept. On the town road leading to my development some guy has a collection of old 1990s Rivs and Toronados and VW Rabbits. There must be at least a dozen of these cars, all covered with leave debris and growing green moss. None of them have moved in the four years I've lived here. The 'collection' has long gone into the realm of eyesore, even to a car guy like me. The town hasn't done anything, but that wouldn't have gotten to that point in my neighborhood.

As far as my HOA, my bill is $200 a year and they use that to maintain all the common areas. We have some large grassy areas that run through the center of the development and around the two entrances. Those areas all get mowed weekly and are always nicely planted. They maintain a list of preferred vendors who do work nice and cheap. I use their lawn service that mows my acre. And when my mail box got knocked down this winter, I called their mailbox guy who replaced it cheaply.

They throw a big holiday party at a hall with food, beer and wine. It's a nice event. We get a quarterly newsletter, and an annual neighborhood directory. We have an email chain that they broadcast information on, as well as messages to/from people in the neighborhood. I got my grill for free off that. It's more of a social committee thing than the gestapo. The ladies have a monthly Bunko game. As a result the neighborhood is pretty friendly and people wave when you drive by, and say hello when we are out on our walk. The first year we moved here and I hadn't had a chance to get a snow blower, someone came and did my driveway and sidewalk. So this year I went out and plowed a few in return.

Edited by Tom Geiger

Here's my last week or so. Unfortunately the 64 convertible came of Friday which happens to be my wife's day off.. And I picked up another 68'

A4615C26-BF30-4E19-86CD-1207C7FF544D.jpg

Haulin hearse is kitty approved

94D08FD7-079B-48E5-8630-4B712EA57EA2.jpg

15D93DF7-20D9-4B54-88B7-35CA0D29A94B.jpg

Hobbylinc japan

BFFAAEDF-A4E2-4664-A326-FE70362D8828.jpg

CF8B3E7A-328D-4834-B9EF-A790B25D1442.jpg

332AAD65-E691-43E6-8D0E-23410CD5BBD9.jpg

6BF5FB63-9A12-4B6F-BC90-69B2F7E5E41F.jpg

D2BD8F36-4054-45F1-B799-3900D77EC237.jpg

Wicked rims man...

Where did you get 'em?

Hobby Linc Japan??

Good haul,. Didja hafta take the wife to dinner??

Cheers

Unless you buy in an area with a Home owners association.

Thats a big HE L L NO. I was a builder for several years and i can say i truly have a valid hate for them.

Me an James have talked about HOA's before and I can assure you the he will stay away from place with a HOA. I hate the one in my neighborhood.

Word!

Wicked rims man...

Where did you get 'em?

Hobby Linc Japan??

Good haul,. Didja hafta take the wife to dinner??

Cheers

Yes. Hobbylinc has a lot of wheels. Most of the time they're not in stock and you order and don't pay. That's how I do it,put orders in and wait as it trickles in and then put together a shipment once I have a box full. Like this order was probably a purchase or two a week for two months.

And definitely diner,some cleaning and husbandry duties.

I bought a few complete & parts kits over the past few days at the Charlotte Auto Fair.

The Revell '40 Ford is sealed, the ' 29 Woody/PU, '67 GTX, Carl Casper Phone Booth & Stroker McGurk's Hot Rodders Tall T were opened but complete.

The Superbird is missing the body/nose/wing & glass but all the other parts & decals are there. The '60 SMP convertible box was a '60 Corvette kit. All that's left is the unused F&R bumpers, wheel covers,tonneau cover & headrest fairings.

I also picked up 24 little pages mags that are in fair condition. Titles include Honk !, Car Craft, Rod & Custom, Custom Cars and Rodding & Re-styling.

AutoFairModels003.jpg

AutoFairModels004.jpg

I also bought a box of builts & parts. The Cooter's tow truck is a real glue bomb. The single car trailer was the best piece in the lot.There was also an AMT Willys PU in pieces, and an Ala Kart/ '29 Roadster parts kit.

There was also a started Kiss van and an unstarted Mini Craft 1/20 scale Mako Shark.

AutoFairModels005.jpg

My Hobby Lobby 40 percent off purchases.

AutoFairModels008.jpg

I recently bought the Tamiya Ferrari LaFerrari. I had seen the online reviews and photos but opening the box and seeing the parts in my hand was great! They are very well finished, the molding is excellent, the details fantastic! The opening doors even have a small built-in lock so you can have them open without falling. If you like exotic cars or Ferrari, take a good look at this kit and add it to your stash.

(this has been an unpaid review...no money was paid to me by the kit manufacturer :( )

I bought a few complete & parts kits over the past few days at the Charlotte Auto Fair.

The Revell '40 Ford is sealed, the ' 29 Woody/PU, '67 GTX, Carl Casper Phone Booth & Stroker McGurk's Hot Rodders Tall T were opened but complete.

The Superbird is missing the body/nose/wing & glass but all the other parts & decals are there. The '60 SMP convertible box was a '60 Corvette kit. All that's left is the unused F&R bumpers, wheel covers,tonneau cover & headrest fairings.

I also picked up 24 little pages mags that are in fair condition. Titles include Honk !, Car Craft, Rod & Custom, Custom Cars and Rodding & Re-styling.

AutoFairModels003.jpg

AutoFairModels004.jpg

I also bought a box of builts & parts. The Cooter's tow truck is a real glue bomb. The single car trailer was the best piece in the lot.There was also an AMT Willys PU in pieces, and an Ala Kart/ '29 Roadster parts kit.

There was also a started Kiss van and an unstarted Mini Craft 1/20 scale Mako Shark.

AutoFairModels005.jpg

My Hobby Lobby 40 percent off purchases.

AutoFairModels008.jpg

Nice group of kits/builds. The tall t and phone booth are awesome. And the 36

Ford in retro box is sweet.

Edited by Greg Cullinan

Got these delivered today. Bought the Impala mainly for the chassis and maybe the engine. Need these parts to help build a replica of a friends 66 Biscayne. Using a resin body kit. The Cobra I bought , well...... because it's a Cobra. The windshield is out but that is easy enough to fix.

gottodaychevyandcobra001_zps54881e43.jpg

Ray-Revell has a '66 Impala hardtop available now.

My haul from this weekend's D.A.A.M. show was the AMT Petty short track Dart,the Revell 90 Mustang LX,the custom '49 Olds, and the '70 Hemi 'Cuda, the Tamiya La Ferrari and it's photoetch set and a carbon fiber decal set for a Lotus 99T F-1 car.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...