Model Cars Magazine Forum

Elio 3 wheeled car.

Google is your friend....

Google is your friend....

When somebody brings up a unique subject, they should take the responsibility to illustrate what they're talking about. Members should not be required to go to Google for this sort of information. Members aren't lazy, the OP is.

When somebody brings up a unique subject, they should take the responsibility to illustrate what they're talking about. Members should not be required to go to Google for this sort of information. Members aren't lazy, the OP is.

I'm not lazy, I'm retired ! : ) I may be lazy but I ain't rude .

Whatever.........I just highlight whatever I have a question about, right click on it, select Google and my answer appears in a new tab in under one second. The original page is still there....I have my answer.......much quicker than I can type 'what is xyz...I've never heard of it' and then wait for someone to help me.

Just a suggestion for self help. I don't think I KNOW EVERY topic that EVERY member here may or may not know about. The Elio is common knowledge in my circle of friends so I may have been 'RUDE' too if I had made a post about it.

Remember when we called it the 'information highway'??? It still is.....

Edited by Dave Van

I like the Elio concept, and while I probably won't buy one, I think it would be great as a good option for getting around town.

There are so many times that I run errands, but hate having to fire up my V6 powered sedan.

If they can get production going on the Elio, I think there is a tremendous market out there...if people accept the vehicle for what it is. I think they might sell a blue million of them if they are of decent quality and they can keep the price within reason.

Seriously??? It takes so little effort to search for information. The subject line has all that is needed --- 'Elio 3 wheeled car'. With the name you can find a wealth of info online with very little effort...

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if this car has any success. Way too small for me.

Edited by Rob Hall

To each their own but I don't want to ride in something so small with the roads full of giant suvs and trucks everywhere. I guess that's why everyone owns a Prius. I went with my father in law on a five hour trip and was not comfortable in his Prius.

Then the millions of motorcycle riders are REALLY in trouble using that logic!!

When I first got my Smart I went to our local Fall festival and parked it right on main st and sat on a nearby bench.

Most folks coming by stopped and looked....wondered if it was electric or how many mpg it got.

One guy came by and loudly announced, not knowing it was mine, 'Can you imagine what would happen if you pulled out in front of a coal truck?!?!?!?!" I stood up and just as loudly asked ' So you are the guy that always pulls out in front of my truck???' I don't drive a truck....but people laughed .....made them think...you have to DRIVE a smaller car and be aware 100% of the time.

On Prius....not a fan...costly....but has assigned one on a long trip to Los Angles. I was VERY impressed at the entire car. Ride, comfort and power,,,,,good mpg too!!! Still not buy one....but seemeed like a decent car after 2 weeks.

I wouldn't worry so much about the SUV's and pick-up's. I'm more concerned with the brain dead and incompetency, but that's another thread….

I'd love to see the Elio come to market & succeed. I'd definitely buy one. Like I said, I commute a good distance without any viable alternate routes. If one road is jammed, the others are too…. So why should I drive a 5 seat vehicle when I can scoot around in this runabout. As long as it can get out of it's own way, it could be fun besides economical.