Model Cars Magazine Forum

Years ago I had a Dakota and I finally got around to build a model of it. I started with a Lindberg snap kit, and I was very surprised at the quality, and level of detail.

Box_zpse6bfb05d.jpg

Although everything on the chassis is molded in (ala AMT) the details are crisp and plentiful

Frame_zps4e03337b.jpg

The wheels are attached to the sprue in the center of the rim (which is covered by the tire) therefore there are no little nicks on the edge of the rim. The tires do not have the customary ridge in the center of the tread pattern. I've never seen tires/rims treated in this fashion, and I was amazed that they were in a snap-kit! Perhaps the other model makers can learn from this.

Collage_zps36b303c3.jpg

Here are some shots of the completed model. Remember, this is a curbside kit, so there are no engine pictures. The tonneau cover is scratch-built (does not come in the kit).

Front_zpseec93980.jpg

Side_zpsdecff078.jpg

Rear_zps1449e13e.jpg

NICELY Done Dakota!!!! I'd LOVE to try one of these BUT "open" the hood and find some V-8 to stuff in it, with a full detailed frame.... I think it could be done pretty easily.

And I have to say, it does look like a Baby Ram....... the fellow that said that had a dang good point! B)

• 2 weeks later...