Model Cars Magazine Forum

'81 Camaro Batmobile?

Oh man. That's complete BS. Torques (and other five spokes like Keystones, Cragars) aren't generic. They are "classic". They speak of muscle and have for generations. When the current "dub" fad is a faded memory, people will still be sporting a classic five spoke.

yeah from the looks of things thats never going to happen

1409453963_1386547293_fyz12s_rb21klc.gif

yeah from the looks of things thats never going to happen

You could be right. I swore years ago that the saggy pants, underwear showing fad would die out quickly. But the idiots are still doing it. There's just no accounting for taste. Ya know?

Oh man. That's complete BS. Torques (and other five spokes like Keystones, Cragars) aren't generic. They are "classic". They speak of muscle and have for generations. When the current "dub" fad is a faded memory, people will still be sporting a classic five spoke.

Man, they are so original that they were the go-to style for every muscle car ever. If you go to your local car show I'm willing to bet that almost every muscle car there is going to be running a set of five spokes. While they look good on some cars they are far from "original", they are just like AC-DC. Sure they were important in history but they all look the same and get boring fast.

I disagree, I think 5 spokers are timeless, and never tire of them. I see few modern wheels that even remotely interest me, and the ones that do are usually a modern interpretation of the timeless classics.

Quoted for truth. B)

I disagree, I think 5 spokers are timeless, and never tire of them. I see few modern wheels that even remotely interest me, and the ones that do are usually a modern interpretation of the timeless classics.

Kudos on the pun. Now if you reread what I said I never said that I hated them,I just said they can't be considered "original" since they are the go-to style for muscle cars. Just like how with vintage Japanese cars one of the most common wheels are some four lug Wantanbes.

Leepu's taste is definitely out there. This Camaro is tame compared to some of the cars he built in London with Bernie from Classic Car Rescue. I like this show because they show a decent amount of actual mechanical work being done to the cars, unlike a lot of "car" shows. I didn't think that this genre of program could get worse than Counting Cars, which has 44 minutes of insipid tripe with 45 seconds to one minute of car work. Then Lost in Transmission came along, to mount a challenge for last place.

Hold on a second,I'm curious to know how much editing was done on the OP's Camaro photo because it looks like they knew what they were doing instead of that hideous mess that Rodney posted up. These cars look like they were build by two totally different people.

Hold on a second,I'm curious to know how much editing was done on the OP's Camaro photo because it looks like they knew what they were doing instead of that hideous mess that Rodney posted up. These cars look like they were build by two totally different people.

It's all in the lighting :lol: !

3rd episode in..

OMG

It's a Bad TV Version of CarToons..

A Mitsubishi into a What?!!!

A 4dr into a 2dr..

Never mind, needs to be a 4dr again..

FullSizeRender_zpsf1d7ea2f.jpg?t=1436249

FullSizeRender_zps29d61106.jpg?t=1436249

Holy cow! This makes their Camaro look like a masterpiece! I don't know if they ever gave this project a name, but I thought I'd offer a few suggestions that came to mind after seeing the pictures,

1) Shamouflage

2) A not-rod

3) Krylon pile-on

4) Stevie Blunder

5) No-Par (hokey, imitation billboards)

6) Yellow flub-machine (Beatles reference)

7) Budget Rend-A-Car

8) A rattle-can also-ran

9) Lemon-zine

10) Quitsubishi

And what's with the tiny wheels and tires? Is someone's lawn tractor up on blocks now?