Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many kits do you have in your stash?

We have a room we just use for storage, my wife refers to it as "The hobby shop". It does have full length shelves filled with kits on either side but it is far from a room filled with models... so obviously I need to get more. :)

Between 400 & 500 I would guess. How many would it take to line three walls and four rows deep of models stacked up to ten feet high in a 40 x 60 shop? I quit counting years ago, plus I have the top of our closet, and one wall in our bedroom, and under the queen size bed covered too.

Around 60 unbuilt from the 80s,90s and today. Around 10 unbuilt from the 60s and 70s. There is around 30 vintage restore projects. 10 resin kits and a box of parts cars/donors where there are around 14 cars. Very humble collection compared to some on here.

Only bought one modern kit this year,the 67 Camaro 2 in 1. Fixing the oldies is expensive,and i try save up some to

get the Moebius Pontiac`s and Plymouth.

Edited by om617

Right now.

32 unbuilt - with plans to build

6 parts kits

3 trade stock

8 WIP's that I'm inspired to finish.

5 more WIPs that are low priority, that I may or may not finish during my lifetime.

total - 54

I'm pretty comfortable with that number. I've plans to get the new '29 roadster when it comes out, but that's about it.

Edited by Jantrix

Stopped counting when they went over 5000, yes 3 zeros, still buy new stuff when it comes out or find rare kits at swap meets and flea markets. I've been building for over 55 years so there is a lot projects that I jump around on, probably 30 or 40. Can you say AADA? :lol: