Model Cars Magazine Forum

my grandsons first, with a little help from grandpa

uncle potts

Oh boy, another kid that won't have a girlfriend, and will spend countless hours of precious summer sun inside building models... Wait, just wait. What's bad about it? Nothing!!! He can even find a girlfriend that also builds models!!

Well done, keep up my young fellow, because if you don't, we that like to build those things will soon be extinct. The video games and modern gadgets  would have won.

VERY nice job on that "pony car." How old is your grandson? Mine will have to wait a bit as he'll just turn two years old this month. Guess he'll have to stick with Lego blocks for awhile longer.

He's 8. This is his first glue kit. We've done a couple snap kits when he was younger. His brother is five, and we've done one of Revells make and play snap kits. I really recommend  these as they are easy for a young child to put togeather themselves, and they can play with them. Which little guys will want to do.

:D Awesome ! Let a new modeler be born ya.! Good work gandpa my first grandson is now 5 so I thought next year will be his year I got started at 10 I already got him in to cars big time so it should be easy lol !!!!

I recommend the Revell  snap kits they can play with. Its really hard for theses little guys to build a model and not want to play with it.