Model Cars Magazine Forum

$7.99 models back at Ollies!

I'd love the Auburn Boattail and the Chrysler Atlantic, but I rather sadly, my nearest Ollies is 3208 miles away, in Massena, NY... ;-(

The box art on that Lindberg Stutz Racer is nice, too... very reminiscent of the Airfix 1/32 series of cars from the 60s...

bestest,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

Those look like the leftovers of the sale I went to in Cedar Rapids, IA this spring. I was all Hawk models made before they sold to Round 2.

I knew a buyer came in a bought everything right after I was there. Now I know who :)

Carmak

Looks like Round 2 must've dumped some inventory since there's some AMT and Polar Lights kits in there.  

While you are at Ollies, check out the paint aisle,  they often have Duplicolor close outs of discontinued series and colors for a buck a can.  There was a dry spell for awhile where they had nothing, but the last two trips I found some decent stuff.  Last April they had a lot of primer and engine colors.  Recently I got tall can auto colors, not great colors-- mostly dark colors but for a buck?  I'll find a use for it!   I go to the Pottsville, PA store

Edited by Tom Geiger

I went back today and got these.

20150930_1112371_zps0rnwnvia.jpg

Chris, I didn't see your post until after I went, and no on the Mercedes. I may wait a few days and go back because the last time they had the kits they restocked the shelves with a few different kits. If I do go back, I'll check on the Minicraft kits for you.

Edited by Johnt671
New picture

Now I'm super bummed. As I open the box for the Stuz I'm thinking of an engine swap. I have some Ford flathead V-8s and a couple of flathead 4s that might make a cool upgrade or even one of the V-8s in my backup parts would be a neat upgrade if I could hide one under the original hood. Then I open the parts bag and pull the chassis out it looks pretty big, and a quick looks at the box shows a 1/16 model. but it will still look nice when I'm done.

I drove the 1.5 hours today....but I had to go any way......

got

Dodge Dakota sport p/u

Atlantic concept

64 Dodge 330

MPC Paddy wagon snaper

and the best deal pound for pound...Dodge Ramunition monster truck....bought for parts..must be 3 pounds!!

And yes....I checked auto paint and got some Dupli-color for 99 cents for big cans.....happy camper!!!

Also got a Peterbilt 359 at Hobby Lobby for $20 along with some paint.....AND 2 cans Dupli-color #1699 sealer at Magic Mart $3 ea......a GOOD day!!

I drove the 1.5 hours today....but I had to go any way......

got

Dodge Dakota sport p/u

Atlantic concept

64 Dodge 330

MPC Paddy wagon snaper

That snapper Willys is sharp. Yea, AMT has a great one, but this is a great detail painting build slump buster. I may get another

The Dodge 330 is the earlier issue I think. Check to see if it is bench or bucket seats. Box shows buckets, so I skipped it. Let us know what you find 

That snapper Willys is sharp. Yea, AMT has a great one, but this is a great detail painting build slump buster. I may get another

The Dodge 330 is the earlier issue I think. Check to see if it is bench or bucket seats. Box shows buckets, so I skipped it. Let us know what you find 

Ditto on the Willys....I bought this for parts....have a few in stash.

The 330 shows bench but buckets inside.