Model Cars Magazine Forum

Social Circumcision 50 Chevy panel truck

DrKerry

This is an idea I have had brewing for quite awhile and due to the help of a friend it is becoming a reality. Now most of you may not like this and for that it doesn't matter to me, this is all for me because I want to build it.

I want to personally thank Kennyboy for his help on the awesome turbos you see poking their noses out.....

An old Grave Digger monster truck knocked down a few notches, power from Daniels School Bus being converted to a diesel power plant, Supercharged, It has a Volvo rear axle out back and will have dual semi rears on it.

I wanted this to be an in your face bad lil hot rod!!!!!!

This is what I have so far, and hoping the name fits it.........

All in all,n ot really going for a clean look on it. Thought of weathering it a bit.....

I'm looking forward to seeing this come together. I understand the idea here, but I agree with the guys suggesting better options for the exhaust. The kinked bends in the exhaust would severely effect how something like this would perform if it was a real vehicle.

I really like the crazy mad max style compound boost idea... but I don't like the pipes after the blower.. I'd make em point out towards the sides with megaphone tips almost immediately after the blower. That would be crazy. 

Also where did you get those awesome looking turbos?

Edited by JTalmage

Sorry guys , I am going with solder for the exhaust, I just used the plastic rod to give me an idea of look and a template to go on when I start bending solder....

Jesse, the awesome turbos were built by Kennyboy. He does some great work with them!!!!!!!

Thanks for the kudos everyone!!!!

Interesting to say the least. One more thought for the exhaust if the solder doesn't work out the way you want. I usually build more muscle  type cars that need exhaust fabricated. I use Plastruct 2.4 mm tubing with a brass rod put thru it. This will allow the plastic to bend the way you want it and will hold its shape and not kink. They also make larger diameter tubing which I would think you would want for your application.  

Doobie, where you see it sitting is about where it's going to be when done, just a bit up from where it is actually...

Hey Craig, how are ya my friend????? I saw Mr. Metallic and thought, Hey I know that name!!!!!!! You are so correct on me walking into the Lunatic Fringe land!!!!!!!! Spend a lot of time there as well as the rest of you Kempers!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...