Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1929 Ford Model A Roadster

Erik Smith

Beautiful model Erik. What tires did you use...?

Thanks Carl - rear tires are from the Revell Rat Roaster with Fireball Modelworks decals - fronts are from the parts bin with vinyl whitewalls. 

Wow, that is nice!  What did you use for plug wires, they really look in-scale?

Thanks Bruce - I think the wires are Detail Master - they were in my wire stash and loose, but pretty sure they are the race car diameter wires. 

Thanks for for the comments! I learned a bit about the kit too and plan to do another!

That is an absolutely gorgeous build Erik. I mean really, it's stellar. Super clean. I'm guessing the rear tires are rat roadster tires, and fronts are AMT parts pack? I also love the decals on the seats. Are those from the kit? I dont recall what was on the decal sheet myself at this moment.

That is an absolutely gorgeous build Erik. I mean really, it's stellar. Super clean. I'm guessing the rear tires are rat roadster tires, and fronts are AMT parts pack? I also love the decals on the seats. Are those from the kit? I dont recall what was on the decal sheet myself at this moment.

Thanks!

Yes, rear tires are from the Rat Roaster with Fireball Modelworks decals. Front tires are from AMT - don't know which or where...the whitewall is vinyl decal. The decal sheet is custom - I just find a pattern image I like, print out on decal paper and, for this kit, use the kit decals to cut them to size.