Model Cars Magazine Forum

Latest MCM issue?

David G.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a money problem. As in having the money to print the next issue. Don't know exactly when (or even if) that's going to happen. I don't want to speak for Gregg... he's the one who should be updating you all on the exact status of the magazine, so I won't say any more.

That's too bad...I've been thinking about subscribing as a way to support the forum (and I'm sure there's a lot of good information that I could benefit from). I hope they get the issues resolved soon, at least for existing subscribers. If a decision-maker from MCM happens to read this, I'll make this suggestion again. I think it would be worth looking into what would be needed to offer a digital subscription. I think there should be minimal cost to do so considering you must already have a digital version before it goes to the printer, and you could offer like a $5 or so annual discount to encourage people to get the digital version (no printing, shipping, packaging costs, so the discount would pay for itself), and it'd be a way to expand your subscriber base to the newer "digital" generations, or those of us who don't want to store stacks of old magazines in the basement. I know there are a lot of "I prefer the paper in my hands" guys out there, but I think there are also a lot of us who prefer digital versions, for a variety of reasons. 

• 1 month later...

Got mine yesterday and it is the first issue of my new subscription. I know a lot of folks have been upset that it has taken so long, I am not one of those folks. I would much rather the owner take it slow and steady until he gets it up and running efficiently again. No need rushing things to the point where the whole thing, including this forum, fails and has to be shut down.