Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's See Some Glue Bombs!

Couple Monogram GTOs, one '68 and one '69. The '68 came as a built model (originally painted the same gray as the hood, paint stripped in this pic) and the '69 pretty much as shown. Took the best parts of both and rebuilt the '68 as a Day Two street cruiser. Still trying to see if I've got enough stuff to do some kind of '69 too.

Although I look for builtups all the time ,,,but to be honest ,,,I actually try my best to avoid ' glue bombs'  if at all possible. I would prefer to pay a little more and buy something in better shape.

But I think this is the only one I have that's actually completed. ( I have A BUNCH in the builtups pile )

Original issue SMP 1958 Pontiac Bonneville convertible.

What it looked when I got it and how it looks today

post-9887-0-76581300-1427323289_thumb.jppost-9887-0-93348000-1427327341_thumb.jp

And one I picked up a few years ago to replicate a friends car.

Its actually started life as a hardtop kit,,,with major roof damage. So I cut the roof off of it and made it a convertible using the windshield frame and glass from the current AMT 1969 GTX vert.

The build ,,,and the car it replicates ( sorry I dont have any before pics of it )

post-9887-0-26658900-1422391489_thumb.jppost-9887-0-64959700-1422455349_thumb.jp

Edited by gtx6970

Looks like whoever originally built it did a pretty decent job!

Looks pretty good as is!

Steve

It mite look that away,but lights are missing and its not painted,but your right...I would not see it as a gluebomb.what I'm going to do with yet still remains to be seen.if I rebuilt it as a Ambulance then I need decals...that I would need to go looking for.also how complete is.rear tail lights seem to be missing.glue joints would need fixed.but I take most of it apart....need to do some thinking.In this also came a ERTL tractor and 67 amt chev pickup,but this isn't the place for them.even thinking about the ambulance isn't right either.did't this start out as muscle cars..I don't remember...sorry if I'm wrong......Chris

Wow. An original '66. The velocity stacks say this one had the clear hood also. Do you have it? I'd love to find this kit.

I think I see the fender-tip turn signals, which makes it a '67. The '66 didn't have the clear hood, only the original annual '67, and I don't think it had injectors either.

Still, if it's an original annual '67, it's a cool old glue bomb and probably doesn't have the sink marks or other issues of the reissues since then.

I think I see the fender-tip turn signals, which makes it a '67. The '66 didn't have the clear hood, only the original annual '67, and I don't think it had injectors either.

Still, if it's an original annual '67, it's a cool old glue bomb and probably doesn't have the sink marks or other issues of the reissues since then.

This one is a 67, it had no hood at all stock or clear, I had a stock hood in my spares stash which I had no idea I had so thats a bonus.

The glass unit in this one is welded in with glue but the body is very nice, I have one of the 80s issue MPC street machine Charger kits in the stash that I will use for parts to bring this one back to stock.

Junkyard-1a.jpg

Love the Charger, great brush stroking and the kid managed to put the paint on thick enough to fill in most of those pesky panel lines!   :)

Remember guys, every time you tell a mere citizen that you build model cars and they make a screwy face... they're thinking of this car!  

Mvc-001s

Mvc-018s

Okay, my favorite glue bomb of all time!  I got this one in a bag of junk at a show once.  I used it to demonstrate Chameleon Paint Striper. The photos got swiped and others were using them to illustrate their Internet  "How To's" stating that this body was stripped with brake fluid or CSC... nope. I contacted one brazen guy who used my photos and he called me a liar, saying that he took the photos... um, that's my backyard and van in the photo! 

The model did strip completely of the heavy Testors brush job.  I will finish it up someday!

Most of mine are still in the, as purchased state. But think these are my worst. I think they all are much better than they look,,,especially the 61 Ford and the 61 Impala.

In order.

AMT 1961 Impala

MPC 1970 CUDA

AMT 1970 Mustang Mach 1

MPC 1970 Cougar

MPC 1971 CUDA

AMT 1961 Ford Sunliner

20160422_184442.jpg

20160422_184220.jpg

20160422_184118.jpg

20160422_184039.jpg

20160422_183856.jpg

20160422_184538.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

FABULOUS stuff, guys! Keep 'em coming!

Musclecars are my favorites, but this thread is NOT just about them. Any car is fine here. Pickups too.

Before-and-Afters are especially good. Please, NO Afters-ONLY--we want to see what you started with. Befores-only are fine, though. B)