Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Ferrari 250 SWB

Plastheniker

Hi,

In the late eighties and nineties Italeri released a series of vintage 250/275/365 Ferraris. Most of them were also sold by ROG.

At that time these kits were well-priced and offered excellent quality.

However they showed the same conspicious and incomprehensible shortcoming: The wheels were much too wide. The least that the modeler had to do was reducing the width of the rims and the tyres.

In those days the Italeri plastic spoke rims were not bad by comparison but the spoke thickness was still completely out of scale. Therefore I replaced them by home-made wires as usual.

Apart from the wheels this kit is highly recommendable . If you can still get it you won't be disappointed.

Absolutely beautiful Jurgen! Yeah, these are as scarce as hen's teeth to get! I built one years ago (Sterling Moss's '61 car in '98) and I've since got another one I'd like to build as a regular street car someday. 

Those wheels make the car-------I don't have the skill to make my own wires, so I ended up using PE ones to make my life easier! ;)

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! -superb everything!! Q: is there any particular reason why all four tyres look to be too far forward in the wheel wells?  -Just curious, because I have this Italeri kit, and want to build it soon. Also, did you have any fitment issues with this kit while building?  -Love seeing your work!!!!

This is possibly the best build of this kit I've seen, even if I would have preferred it in red :)

Also one of the best looking Ferraris ever!

Shame Revell had licensing disagreements with Ferrari over reissuing it last year... I'm still hoping it will eventually happen, but not really holding my breath...