Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's next from Moebius - How about a 70 F-100 4x4 and a 65-66 F-100

SteveG

Alright so that's 6-10 new parts out of a completed chassis/powertrain assembly of close to 40? I'm glad that the specific differences will be addressed, but considering 95% is carried over I think that's still functionally "more or less carry overs".

Exactly right, but that's a very good thing in this case.  I've seen photos of the 65-66 mock up and its planed variations including it's optional parts.  Anything that's not 65-66 specific will also be a drop in fit for the 69 - 72 kits as well.  I'm betting if you're a Ford Light Truck, fan you'll be very pleased with what coming !!!

-Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on the Moebius Fords. Thanks

Dennis

Look for Moebius to be at the Detroit Model Show next month with the latest updates and possibly some prototypes to check out.   My built up of the 70 F-100 4x4 will be there too.

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Steve. Looking forward to some photos! 

For those that have not already seen this, some photos of the '65 and '66 F100 models under development (3d printed from CAD files) are at the link below...please note that there are myriad corrections/updates to the CAD files that have been implemented after these files were printed.....TIM

Moebius Models early development projects on display at 2017 NNL Motor City

Thanks for posting photo link Tim. I'm sure we've all been waiting for these refined and improved models after AMT abandoned the unibody '63. They look good, but it appears the rear fender openings are not quite right.  I hope someone from Mobius is watching. here is a photo to help out. Note top of fender opening is  not straight across and does not drop off sharply behind rear wheel, rather  the top of fender opening archs down gradually into a smoother curve behind rear wheel.

IMG_5351.JPG

Edited by leafsprings

This thread is about pickups, please move on to wanted trailer threads if your not interested in the subject matter

Since I got dragged through the dirt asking about a semi in the new Moebius announcements in the "car" section, if you don't like us big rig builders bringing up trucks in the "TRUCK" section then why don't you get the moderators to move the pickups and SUV junk cluttering up the section that should only be for heavy commercial vehicles BACK to the "CAR" sections where light duty junk belongs!!

Since I got dragged through the dirt asking about a semi in the new Moebius announcements in the "car" section, if you don't like us big rig builders bringing up trucks in the "TRUCK" section then why don't you get the moderators to move the pickups and SUV junk cluttering up the section that should only be for heavy commercial vehicles BACK to the "CAR" sections where light duty junk belongs!!

Originally, the big rig and so called SUV and pickup sections were separate.  The moderator, who is obviously bias toward so called SUV and pickups decided to merge the sections and told those that disagreed to like it.

Originally, the big rig and so called SUV and pickup sections were separate.  The moderator, who is obviously bias toward so called SUV and pickups decided to merge the sections and told those that disagreed to like it.

Yup. I tried to talk some sense about this issue into the powers that be at the time but he was having none of it. "They" even went so far as to move some T-bucket hot rods to this section because that had the foot long box on them as most "Fad-T" hotrods had. and don't even mention Elcaminos and Rancheros. :unsure:

Maybe it's time to see if we can get the non-commercial pickups and vans allowed back in the "cars" catagory again where they are put in most shows and contests ? 

Honestly I don't spend as much time here lately because I get tired of wading through the pickup truck posts to find the big rig threads and posts that interest me. I'm sure some pickup guys feel the same way toward the big rig stuff. The bottom line is the moderators should do what's in the best interest of the members AND what keeps members actively participating in the forums. Just my .02 :)

Looking forward to the 65-66 F100 and '70 F 4x4...will be interesting to see what they do in the future...a series of '67-72 Chevy or GMC pickups would be nice, as would a '61-71 Dodge pickup.   Also, vintage SUVs would be really nice to see...maybe something like a '60s Wagoneer or mid 70s Cherokee Chief...

Edited by Rob Hall