Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Cuda T/A

afx

While I am tinkering with Cudas thought I would see if I could modify the 1/24 scale Revellogram grille to fit the new tool Cuda.  Sectioned it at each end in between the head lights then slowly worked it to shape.

DSCN4851 

Fits pretty good.

DSCN4854

Edited by afx

While I am tinkering with Cudas thought I would see if I could modify the 1/24 scale Revellogram grille to fit the new tool Cuda.  Sectioned it at each end in between the head lights then slowly worked it to shape.

Is there an advantage of the 1/24 scale grille over the 1/25 kit part?

Also, I will soon have the kits you're basing your build on in my possession. Just have to order that Minilite wheel set :)

Is there an advantage of the 1/24 scale grille over the 1/25 kit part?

Also, I will soon have the kits you're basing your build on in my possession. Just have to order that Minilite wheel set :)

I think the Revell 1/24 scale grille is more accurate than the Johan.

Image result for 71 cuda grilleDSCN4851

The Johan grille is an arc rather than the correct V shape.

post-2995-0-07436600-1410463774

Edited by afx

I have a good friend who was one of the guys who came to AAR from Shelby. He worked during the fabrication of the cars and then crewed the cars during the series. he still has his "Hot Wheels/AAR" uniforms hanging in my neighbor's (his sister) closet! He has some great stories of the issues they had with the cars during the season and some of the problems they found and fixed on the fly.