Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 4 Quarter 2017

Mr mopar

Because my father and I have the same name (sans middle initial, I am not a Jr.) I started getting AARP junk mail in my early 20s mis-sent to my apartment.

As for Revell and their flier, I've noticed over the years that Revell, or at least the people who do their social media/P.R. seem to go on vacation at the end of July/beginning of August.  It seems every August the "New Products" section of their website doesn't get updated until the 2nd Monday of that month - as opposed to the first business day of the month.  At this point all the Revell kits for July are out at the RPP vendors, so there's nothing left to do until August for parts of the office staff anyways.

Because my father and I have the same name (sans middle initial, I am not a Jr.) I started getting AARP junk mail in my early 20s mis-sent to my apartment.

Exact same situation here. :)

I have nothing else to add to this thread but for some reason I just had to comment on that. :D

Still off topic, BUT what I guess I should have said was that when my first APPLICATION for membership arrived it said that I was eligible as soon as I turned 50 years of age, even though I didn't actually join until I turned 54. But I still think this getting old is getting old and is highly overrated, no matter how old I get, I REFUSE to grow up.

Edited by horsepower

So I got lost somewhere along the way...

Revell is partnering up with AARp? lol

Such a promotion would probably work well for Revell, since probably 90% of their customer base is eligible for AARP...though probably true w/ Round 2 and Moebius also...

Very true... Maybe AARP could come up with some sort of 40% off coupon.

So does anybody actually know yet? Are any of these actually coming out or is it so far basically hear say?

Edited by KWT

So does anybody actually know yet? Are any of these actually coming out or is it so far basically hear say?

Its been pointed out a few times in this thread, these have been found on Tower Hobbies website, which owns Revell, nothing here is hear say, its all fact.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see the Olds FE3X bodykit finally! I'm also interested in the 442 version as well. Glad to see the Jeep Honcho kit rereleased again, especially with the old-school snowmobile. The GMC appears to be the plow truck kit again, but presumably with no plow in the box, maybe a lift kit, and some larger tires (which ones though?). As for the Bronco, I'm interested to see what they've included besides obviously the wheel flares.

On 8/7/2017 at 3:53 PM, Jordan White said:

Nice to see the Olds FE3X bodykit finally! I'm also interested in the 442 version as well. Glad to see the Jeep Honcho kit rereleased again, especially with the old-school snowmobile. The GMC appears to be the plow truck kit again, but presumably with no plow in the box, maybe a lift kit, and some larger tires (which ones though?). As for the Bronco, I'm interested to see what they've included besides obviously the wheel flares.

The GMC looks a lot like the old High Roller version... never had that one.

Edited by Rob Hall
Removed Photo

Sweet, so the Daytona is getting the proper re-release for once as the Pro Modeler version rather than either the 440 street version or the 426 NASCAR version, hopefully with the full array of PE bits this time as well. And man that FE3-X/442 looks epic.

And yeah, looks like the GMC's the exact same as the snow plow kit minus the plow plus bigger tires. Or atleast, it looks that way. Built the snow plow kit a few months back and the tires look not even half as big.

gmcsierra1977-3.jpg?w=1000&h=&crop&ssl=1

Ah, well that may be it then, the tire profile does vaguely resemble the Ground Hawgs.

Actually, it looks like they just took the High Roller box cover photo and changed the body to a camo paintjob.

Yeah, looks like someone did some Photoshop magic on a nearly 40 yr old box art photo...

Nice Stuff!

I have a original 1980s GMC High Roller kit. The box art does look to be Photo shop job. That Roadster is how I am building mine right now. Nice of Revell to put the blown engine in the Roadster. Don't let Tim Boyd see it though! SB 350 in a Ford. He won't like that.  I'm really glad to see the Jeep Honcho and the '53 Chevy back. I've never built the Chevy, and I need more Jeeps. Like others have said, I'll be very curious to see what parts have been added to the Bronco.. And my 7yr old Grandson will be getting the Scooby Bi-plane.

Nice Stuff!

I have a original 1980s GMC High Roller kit. The box art does look to be Photo shop job. That Roadster is how I am building mine right now. Nice of Revell to put the blown engine in the Roadster. Don't let Tim Boyd see it though! SB 350 in a Ford. He won't like that.  I'm really glad to see the Jeep Honcho and the '53 Chevy back. I've never built the Chevy, and I need more Jeeps. Like others have said, I'll be very curious to see what parts have been added to the Bronco..  

From the photo, it appears the Bronco has added flares, different wheels and different tires..and presumably the decals for a Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco..  I'm interested in the GMC (never had the original High Roller), Jeep pickup and '85 442.   With the 29 Ford, it looks like they have combined various parts of the '29 roadster and '30 coupe to do a new variation...

Edited by Rob Hall

Well I'm down now...

I can't wait for these to hit the shelves... I'm down for 1 of the Eliminator, the 53 Chevy, and prolly the GMC, and maybe one of the roadsters since I missed the first go round. May have to get a Daytona... even though I haven't built the one I have... But I'm definitely in for at least 4 Olds kits...

I see a couple I think I'll get. I've never had the '53 Chevy kit even though it's not exactly one of my favorite '50's Chevy's. It brings back some childhood memories as I remember a neighbor who had one. IIRC, I think that one can be built stock. Also the Olds FE3-X showcar I happen to like MUCH better than the 442!

Still hoping they'll slip a new '57 Ranchero in one of these fine days............