Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 4 Quarter 2017

Mr mopar

I already have that Pro Modeler Daytona kit, so the only Revell kit that I'm interested in is the 3rd Quarter release of the '70 Charger kit. And of course I need another model kit like I need another hole in my head.

Yes I agree the 70' Charger is a must have ,I'm hoping to turn it into a 70' Charger 500 just can't wait ?

Why doesn't Revell do a OJ /Cowling version  of a white Bronco. They would sell a ton with the right box art!

They would have to retool the body and interior parts.  The Bronco in question is a 92-96 model and the kit is a replica of the 80-86 version

Edited by sfhess

It is ironic that the number 1 selling vehicle in the US (for several decades) is the Ford F150 pickup, yet the model companies look the other way when it comes to modern light trucks and Sport Utilities.

While the Ford F-150 is a popular seller year after year, exactly how many model kits of a late model F-150 do you really think would sell? Do you think that all the owners of 1:1 F-150's would actually go out and buy a kit of their ride and even build it? I really doubt it and honestly don't think that the model companies would "break even" if they were to produce a late model kit of the F-150. It takes a LOT of moolah to produce a new model kit.

While the Ford F-150 is a popular seller year after year, exactly how many model kits of a late model F-150 do you really think would sell? Do you think that all the owners of 1:1 F-150's would actually go out and buy a kit of their ride and even build it? I really doubt it and honestly don't think that the model companies would "break even" if they were to produce a late model kit of the F-150. It takes a LOT of moolah to produce a new model kit.

You don't need all the owners to buy one, you just need 5,000 or so modelers globally to do that. I'm pretty sure you can pull that off eyes closed with one hand tied behind the back. 

It is ironic that the number 1 selling vehicle in the US (for several decades) is the Ford F150 pickup, yet the model companies look the other way when it comes to modern light trucks and Sport Utilities.

Revell has partially met the challenge with their snap together F150 Raptor pickups. While they don't offer the detail of a full glue kit, there have been several examples here on the forum of nicely detailed builds and I have a couple in my stash to build. 

The last GM pickup Revell did was the 99 Silverado and even with a couple of different versions, I am not sure how well that sold as I remember seeing them at places like Ollie's priced at $7.99.

Meng did the F350 a couple of years ago and while that has a different appeal, I was hoping that we would have seen more from them with either other makes or models.

As a light truck modeler, I would love to see a modern pickup but I think we have a better chance of seeing something older (think Moebius F-100's) before we see a new tool of something newer.

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, 57peppershaker said:

Any more info on that Casey ?

19 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Bet it's unchanged since last issue.....which means it's decent but not accurate to ZZ

Yes, it appears to be identical to previous Eliminator kits, save for the smoothed tire sidewalls. IIRC this kit is what remains of the Monogram '34 Ford Coupe kit, so it has a lopped off tailhousing on the trans, hollow-top rearend, and, well see for yourselves via the instructions: http://manuals.hobbico.com/rmx/85-4465.pdf

35 minutes ago, 57peppershaker said:

Odd way to mount the hardtop /roof ?

probably has something to do with accurately replicating the greenhouse (shape of window surrounds front, back and sides.

Amt designed the same way with their '36 Ford.

Anyway, I'm picking up a copy, for nostalgia reasons, grew up with MTV (back when they showed Music videos, with only one exception, the quiz "Remote control"), some video's (beside those of ZZ Top featuring their Rod) of songs which are seared in my brain are, Big Log from Robert Plant, Broken Wings by Mr. Mister, Don Henley Boys of summer, and many many more....

Edited by Luc Janssens