Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1967 Plymouth GTX Special

Dann Tier

I built this kit when it first came out, I think around 2001. It was the first time I used photo etch parts on a build. I decided to "hop it up" a bit, so I ditched the floor shifter and added an E-gear paddle shifter. I scratch the Lakewood traction bars, and the electronic throttle  controls. The tires are from MRC, and everything I could think of was wired up. It was posted a while a go for a short period of time, but seeing the photos of it with that way too colorful engine bay, made me take it off the forum. I just recently decided to add a hood to it to hide the engine while it sits on display, and I'm happy with it now. It almost went to scrap. Thanks for checking it out, hope you like it.

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier
delete duplicate pic

I'm not sure I understand your post, especially the part where you mentioned that you'd thought about scrapping it. Why would you have a problem with what looks like a beast of a motor in a well-detailed engine bay?  

I'm not the biggest fan of the '67 GTXs, but the wheels you chose, the cleanliness of assembly, and for me, the color and application of paint really sell it.  

If you happen to recall which exact paint you used on this, I'd like to know.  

I'm not sure I understand your post, especially the part where you mentioned that you'd thought about scrapping it. Why would you have a problem with what looks like a beast of a motor in a well-detailed engine bay?  

I'm not the biggest fan of the '67 GTXs, but the wheels you chose, the cleanliness of assembly, and for me, the color and application of paint really sell it.  

If you happen to recall which exact paint you used on this, I'd like to know.  

I discovered that I don't like so many colors going on in my engine bays anymore....taste change?...probably. I'm the type that if there is something I don't like about one of my builds, I usually pitch it. I don't have anybody to give them too. Thank you for the compliments, they are much appreciated!  I used Duplicolor Pewter metallic over grey primer for this build.

I really need to figure out how to do that multiple "thank you" thing under one post that others do....lmao -got on the forum, and found all of these nice responses!!!! -VERY much appreciated, Dan, Michael, Mike, Dale, Tom, Joe, Keith, JC, and Marty!!!!

Nice build!!  If your looking for someone to give them to I'll give you my address! :):)

Thank you for your comment!, Seriously I thought about the possibility of mailing the ones I don't like away, but knowing that they would arrive to someone in pieces, told me, NOT a good idea, otherwise, I really wouldn't mind sending them to you. I've been building since 1980, and besides spending 6.5 years in the military, I only have 15 that passed my own personal critique.....sad. I've built more than 90 in that time.

Love the engine details Dann! Please DON'T toss it! That's too nice to just let it go!

Izzat a D-Type Jag I see alongside it?? That's lookin' good too! B)

Thanks!!, glad you like it!, Now that it has the hood to cover-up the engine, I like it again, and Yes, that is a D-type!!  -since some of you want to see more of the Jag, I will be posting it within the next couple of days.....Really appreciate your kind words!

Looks good. Where did you get the shotgun injector scoop?

Thanx!!, I've been trying to remember where I got it from, I think I was a Testors kit....Smoothster?, I know that AMT made a Dodge Challenger called the Yankee something, that has that same style scoup, but its NOT......its way too short. I will try to find out for you for sure.