Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reissue Wishlist

Casey429

I'm guessing that has to do with licensing issues. Too bad lawyer's have to screw up the hobby for the rest of us, but I guess everyone wants a piece of the pie.  

FWIW, I don't think that this the issue in this particular case, but I could be wrong.....TB 

The 6 axle heavy trailers (gravel trailer, flatbed trailer and tank trailer) that Revell had would be nice to have reissued again
There is a 6axle flatbed on eBay now and its £350 ($450)..
There is also the 6axle heavy gravel trailer where the bidding starts at $199
Last time i saw the heavy tank trailer it was also at around $400..

Also any of their trucks with 3 driveaxles like the Peterbilt alaskan hauler, Peterbilt canadian hauler and Kenworth heavy hauler, Kenworth oriental express
The alaskan hauler and canadian hauler are between $170-$250 on ebay now..

I sent Revell an question about those trucks and trailers just to see what they had to say.
It sounded on them that the trucks was not impossible to have reissued sometime in the future, they had to check the molds and possibly repair them becuase they are from the 70's
The trailers will probably not come back, the target group for them is to small.

The 6 axle heavy trailers (gravel trailer, flatbed trailer and tank trailer) that Revell had would be nice to have reissued again
There is a 6axle flatbed on eBay now and its £350 ($450)..
There is also the 6axle heavy gravel trailer where the bidding starts at $199
Last time i saw the heavy tank trailer it was also at around $400..

Also any of their trucks with 3 driveaxles like the Peterbilt alaskan hauler, Peterbilt canadian hauler and Kenworth heavy hauler, Kenworth oriental express
The alaskan hauler and canadian hauler are between $170-$250 on ebay now..

I sent Revell an question about those trucks and trailers just to see what they had to say.It sounded on them that the trucks was not impossible to have reissued sometime in the future, they had to check the molds and possibly repair them becuase they are from the 70's
The trailers will probably not come back, the target group for them is to small.

At least when it comes to the trucks, most of those have just been recently released in some form. The Alaskan Hauler is just a modified version of the standard Revell of Germany Pete 359 kit, which is also the base kit for the Peterbilt wrecker that was out not long ago. The only difference between the standard 359 kit and the tri drive versions are a frame extension to add the third drive axle, of course the third drive axle and associated pieces, and the squared off front fenders and larger front bumper. All those parts are on separate sprues just added to the stock 359 kit, because this build I started of a custom bull hauler started life as the Alaskan kit but without the Alaskan parts, and an extension to the frame using a section of the unused standard frame rails from my original Can Do wrecker. 

20233040_1525495410847117_75566851008893

As for the KW heavy hauler and Oriental Express versions though I have never had those, I'm sure they would be just as the tri drive Petes are with the added frame extension and third axle pieces just added to the base kit. That base kit was just reissued and the aerodyne version of that base kit is supposed to be out soon if it isn't already, so it shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Revell couldn't add the tri drive parts. 

19983574_1515542251842433_78552936282703 

The Revell AG truck kit tools are from the early 80's and mid to late 90's and as Matthew says, some have been reissued recently and some are coming soon.
The Peterbilt 359 came in 1982 and has been reissued in different forms several times since then with added parts and other decals, last was as the Will-Do Wrecker.
The Peterbilt 353 came in 1985 and the 353 parts and tri-drive parts was just added to the previous 359 kit
The KW K100 came in 1982 and the Aerodyne came soon after, it has also been reissued several times in different versions with added parts and decals and was recently reissued again as the dual drive flat top, the Aerodyne is due this fall or early next year.
The KW T600 came 1990 and was modified from the K100 tooling with additional parts.
The KW W900/T900 came 1993 also reissued a couple of times in different configurations, last was the W900 Wrecker.
The wrong Marmon wich is a slightly modified Peterbilt 359 came 1986 and was recently reissued
The 6 axle Heavy Tank and Gravel trailers came in 1989 and the 6 axle Heavy Flatbed in 1990
The Car Transporter came 1983 and was reissued a couple of years ago, and the Heavy duty lowboy trailer in 1991-92
The Volvo F12 and F12 Globetrotter came 1981
The Mercedes-Benz 1628 came 1981
The Mercedes-Benz 1450LS Race truck came 1991
The MAN Phoenix Racing Truck came 1992
Revell AG has also reboxed some Italeri and Moebuis kits.

Edited by Force

Here is a few more Id love to be able to get my hands on again....

AMT 73-76 Ford 2wd pickups

MPC 73-76 Dodge vans and pickups

AMT 70s Chevy camper van(Mini Motorhome/Open Road)

IMC Touch Tone Terror with all original options

AMT 60-63 Ford pickups...specially the issue with the overhead camper option

AMT 67-69 Chevy pickups

Ertl International and Massey farm tractors

AMTs Ford Garwood garbage truck they showed us many years ago and the drag line crane kit too...why not they would sell well..?

Mark, the Garwood Truck and the Dragline kit exist only as drawings. They were never produced and probably never will be. 

There are still reports (unconfirmed to this day) that the Garwood truck was seen as a box in a hobby shop once, but nobody from AMT has ever acknowledged it. None of the "name" kit historians have turned up any evidence of these kits being more than proposals. Since we are talking early 1970's here, it has been Forty Plus years since they were planned. Nothing, other than artwork has ever turned up for these kits. They remain an unfulfilled dream. 

Mark, the Garwood Truck and the Dragline kit exist only as drawings. They were never produced and probably never will be. 

They remain an unfulfilled dream. 

Hopefully the Moebius people come to our rescue! Reissues are nice, much better than nothing, but IMO, Moebius has a golden opportunity to come thru on completely new never done before  classic trucks,  just like they did with the '69-'72 Ford pickups!

Edited by leafsprings

• 1 year later...
On 8/9/2017 at 5:50 PM, ss2000 said:

I'd like to to see the Autocar, a mixer and the livestock trailer.

Two out of three's not bad. :)

On 8/17/2017 at 12:33 PM, Dave Toups said:

AMT "Wild Hoss" 78 Ford Bronco

amt-wild-hoss-79-ford-bronco-4x4_1_344eb

MPC Ford Off-Road Van

23252af0fc3162d28abda018eb6699be--model-

I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen either one reissued, especially the Bronco. Round2 has reissued two earlier Chevy Blazer kits, but not the AMT Bronco kit.

There seem to be some healthy indication that the AMT Subabru BRAT is going to be reissued eventually, so I'll leave that off my wish list for now. 

Only if the Turbine engine can be included. Otherwise, pass:

AMTGMCAstro95.jpg

Yes, please:

C03monlandrover.jpg

Why not this too, with the 1/16 tractors being reissued semi-recently?:

116fruehauftrailerSSP.jpg

Edited by Casey

7 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

amt-wild-hoss-79-ford-bronco-4x4_1_344eb

This I'd like to see make a comeback............eBay prices are getting ridiculous! :huh: 

i pined for this kit for the longest time too Bill! I was able to pick a couple of them up when they were reissued by The Model King and have yet to build them. One of them will get a snow plow, the other might get lifted and bigger tires.

6 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

i pined for this kit for the longest time too Bill! I was able to pick a couple of them up when they were reissued by The Model King and have yet to build them. One of them will get a snow plow, the other might get lifted and bigger tires.

I do have this kit, but would love to have another one with all the goodies that Round 2 has been putting into their kits lately. Nice decals with perhaps the trailer option perhaps?? I see these popping up on the 'Bay from time to time, and even that Model King re-issues can be asking for crazy money.

I suspect we'll see this one again before too long..........Round 2 has been surprising us with kits we haven't seen for a long time, and I got a feeling this one will pop back up on the shelves before too long.

Are you seeing this Round 2?? ;) 

3 hours ago, bigred63 said:

I would like to see the re-issue of the Matchbox Kenworth Alaskan Hauler.

I bought one on ebay some time ago and it wouldn't surprise me if Round 2 re-issued it any day now.
It's a AMT kit but AMT was owned by Lesney Products in Great Brittain between 1978 and 1983 wich made Matchbox toy models, so the kit boxes was labeled with both Matchbox and AMT brands at that time.

I think the Alaskan Hauler KW will probably appear at some point ! I wish the KW/ Challenge Mixer would also make a reappearance, as been said probably a licensee issue but the Cat bulldozer made it back without calling it a Cat! Transtar cabover if done would be the Eagle II , way too many modifications to the original tooling to bring it back to the 4070a kit ! The W925 was always there in the tooling banks , battery box and sleeper were the only parts needing to be retooled!

On 10/3/2018 at 11:22 AM, bamadon said:

That Autocar dump truck is one that I would love to get. My Dad worked construction and drove one of those. He said it was the best truck he ever drove and he drove a lot of them.

I built up that Autocar dump truck for AMT's HIAA trade show when it was first released, fun build, but sales of the kit were in the tank, frankly!

Art