Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1980 Dodge Ramcharger

This was a fun build. Went together pretty well, only had trouble with the transfer, windshield and side mirrors. The transfer case need a good amount of material trimmed away so that it would clear the interior tub when installed. The windshield fit very snug in the body and wanted to pop out while the glue was drying, tape helped a little, but I should have separated the side glass from the windshield. Side mirrors were just a bit fidley and I did not notice that they were not perfectly square until it was too late. I may try to fix them later. Overall, I am happy with this one.

DSC 0335

DSC 0338

DSC 0342

DSC 0334

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a few days from completion on the same kit. I too had a problem with the transfer case making the motor want to lean to the passenger side. And the roof structure around the windshield frame was bent to the passenger side. A few twists and it seems fine now. Although the windshield hasn't made it in yet so i might be in for trouble